Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Nazi Pug Trial

01.05.2018 3:06pm
Thread Creator

The Hulk
Good Boy

Story here, having trouble finding anything more recent even though the trial continues today.

Just wondered about the general opinion of this guy being charged with a hate crime for what is objectively a joke.  Obviously I think it's a complete farce at best and a terrifying indication of the way society is going if he's actually convicted.  But I thought if anyone could argue in favour of this prosecution, one or two of them might visit here.

Jump to Post

01.06.2018 12:22am

Lexx
I know how they work

I believe that the trial got postponed again without a verdict being decided.

As for whether or not he should be prosecuted, being a Murrican who spent years in college studying the First Amendment and its benefits, I'm absolutely opposed to prosecuting people for speech.  It can be great speech or gross speech, it doesn't make a difference.  In this case it's an off-color joke, which having been on the internet for the majority of my life, I'm entirely desensitized to.  Hell, I can think of plenty of far worse examples just from FFO back in the day.  In the end none of that really matters though since the UK has very, very different laws regarding free speech.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter