Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Old FFO admin who helped remake Metal Gear Solid for the GC

< Prev 1 2 Next >

12.21.2012 12:01am
Thread Creator

Jed Kemsley
Registered Member

If I ever get around to buying a GameCube, I'll definitely play The Twin Snakes. :)

Jump to Post

12.22.2012 4:51am

Lews
Lord of the Morning

Ashilyn said:

Personally, I can barely stand to play the original MGS after playing TTS. Who cares about the John Woo style fights, particularly in light of MGS2, 3, and 4's cinematic BS? And the actual gameplay and technical side of the game was improved in pretty much every possible way. I don't fathom how that can add up to it being a worse game.

I agree with what this person said.

I loved Twin Snakes.

Jump to Post

12.23.2012 7:17pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Yeah count me in as somebody that liked TTS, gave me another chane of playing such a good game with updated graphics, even if it means watching Solid Snake round-house kick a rocket fired from a Hind-D gunship!

Jump to Post

12.31.2012 4:52pm

ahninjas
likes 'em pretty

I've never understood the hate for Twin Snakes' silliness. Yes, rocketbackflipsurfing is unrealistic, but no more so than bosses who tell you what game data is on your memory card or shoot birds from their face, both of which were in the original game. And if you feel that the MGS2 mechanics make the game too easy, simply don't use them. There isn't a single moment in the game that forces you to use first person aiming, aside from, again, situations that required it in the original.

And before anyone says that they changed the voice cast, they didn't. All of the voice actors used pseudonyms in the PS1 version, likely for union related reasons. The only casting change was for Gray Fox, who is now voiced by Rob Paulsen. Greg Eagles, who originally played both Fox and Donald Anderson, reprises the role of Anderson in the remake.

Jump to Post

01.20.2013 9:27pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

SK was originally recreating the cutscenes exactly, but then apparently it was Hideo Kojima that asked them to make them all new and go in a different direction with them. I will always love the original the most, but having some new animations in cutscenes made it feel at least a bit more fresh for a remake, and was hardly something that could ruin an amazing game/story like Metal Gear Solid.

Great pickup if you still have a Gamecube lying around.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter