Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

Politicians' dumbest quotes

02.08.2013 6:34am
Thread Creator

Lionheart
FNG

No matter where they stand, they all said something that made you laugh at the sheer stupidity. And if they're dictators, they make themselves look even more ridiculous. So let's honor these horrible quotes/mistakes in speaking.

"I'm John Kerry and I'm *salutes* reporting for duty." John Kerry

"I will stop climate change." Barack Obama

"If you wanted to run against Bush, you should have done it in 2004." John McCain

"Potatoe" Dan Quayle

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." Joe Biden

"When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no -- and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem." Mitt Romney

"There are no gays in Iran." Mahmoud Ahmedinejad

"The US caused the earthquake in Haiti by testing a nuke underground." Hugo Chavez

"There's an old saying in Tennessee â?? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee â?? that says, 'Fool me once, shame on... shame on you... Fool meâ?? you can't get fooled again."  George W. Bush

Jump to Post

02.09.2013 10:11pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Welcome to FFS, Lionheart.

We have a separate forum for politics, religion, and philosophy.

Jump to Post

02.09.2013 11:27pm

Zophycakes
I'M FROM THE INTERNETTTT
Administrator

I get it, it's funny because climate change isn't real.

Jump to Post

02.10.2013 7:21am
Thread Creator

Lionheart
FNG

Nope, it's funny because climate change is a natural occurance. He might as well stop the rain.

Jump to Post

02.10.2013 8:18am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

all weather is caused by HAARP

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

02.10.2013 5:44pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 3:13am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 3:34am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Lionheart said:

Nope, it's funny because climate change is a natural occurance. He might as well stop the rain.

If you were a politician, this would be a perfect quote for this thread.

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 3:56pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Technically he's right, climate change does happen naturally. The problem is the unnatural effects we're are adding to it with our activities (I probably not wording that right).

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 4:30pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 4:34pm
Thread Creator

Lionheart
FNG

Yeah, that's what I meant. He could enforce regulations on environmentally harmful activity but he can't stop climate change. Maybe he should have said, "prevent further harm to the environment".

Jump to Post

02.11.2013 5:21pm

Crisium
N/A

One man vowing to stop climate change is a very "dumb quote" regardless of how much impact that you believe human have.  It made me laugh, as a few of the other quotes did.

Jump to Post

02.12.2013 9:29pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

Since when did this become a climate change thread?

Anyway, here's two rather old but absolutely dumb quotes (and unknown to those from other countries) by one particular Aussie policitian (former Prime Minister Bob Hawke, who ran the country for much of the 1980s), firstly, this one from during the celebrations for Australia winning the America's Cup in 1983:

"Any Australian boss who sacks a worker for not turning up to work tomorrow is a bum!"

(it created controversy because some people thought he was being serious and declaring a public holiday - he wasn't - he was utterly almost passed-out drunk at the time.).

And this one from a speech in 1988:

"By 1990, no Australian child shall be living in poverty!"

(this was probably his most infamous quote - naturally it came back to haunt him).

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter