Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

The Final Fantasy Fansite that changed thousands

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 Next >

05.10.2013 7:25pm

Rain
hip hop what what
Administrator

Blayze said:

I remember signing up to EoFF at one point (I still get a happy birthday e-mail once a year from them I believe) but leaving after a couple of posts because the quality of the forums was just so poor. Back when I first signed up for the FFO forums in 2003 I rarely strayed from the Final Fantasy and other gaming sections, and think it was a couple of years before I started to post in General Chat, which is a shame because I missed a lot of the shenanigans people fondly remember. My favourite forum moment was April Fools in, I want to say 2006? With the mass bannings and new sub-forums and moderator wars, one of the few times I've ever found myself constantly checking a forum to see what new posts had been made..

I loved that April Fool`s Day, up to and including the part where Zophar wiped most of the board on accident(? I still have my doubts.) MJ, Locke(!), and I came up with that whole thing, if memory serves.

Jump to Post

05.10.2013 7:33pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I wonder how Locke is doing?  Has he come by for his yearly visit yet?

Jump to Post

05.11.2013 12:28pm
 (Edited on 05.24.2013 at 9:06am)

Jiro
Registered Member

Azar is a journalist, but he is also a long time member of EoFF and so he's obviously writing with rose-tinted glasses. I left EoFF because I was unhappy with how things were operating at the top, so a lot of the niceties mentioned pissed me off.

Jump to Post

05.11.2013 5:14pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

The forums did see their share of overly strict moderation from some petty fucksticks but, by god, it was a uptopian paradise of freewill and free love in that respect when compared to the IRC channel.  Now there was a collection of mini-hitlers that could teach the real Adolf a thing or two about going overboard with power.

Jump to Post

05.11.2013 6:19pm

Enkidoh
Time Travelling White Mage

CaButler said:

I wonder how Locke is doing?  Has he come by for his yearly visit yet?

Funny you should mention Locke Cabs, as I happened to be looking through a list of notable quotes from FFO that I'd saved over the years for prosterity and found this particular one from Soujiro Seta about Locke and his long disapperence from FFO:

Soujiro Seta said:

On the battlefield, Locke took a savage Fire 3 to the balls and fell in combat. After three turns, he became a crystal, and from that crystal I gained the "Moderator" job class.

Battle Skills
Throw Stone: 100 JP
Crass Rebuttal: 200 JP
Change (Someone Else's) Avatar/Title: 400 JP
Old Thread Destruction: 800 JP
Ban: 1500 JP
??????: 2000 JP

Support Skills
Italic Username: 100 JP
Equip "Flame Shield": 500 JP
Equip "Ban Hammer": 700 JP

Reaction Skills
Gained Ire UP: 400 JP
Straw Man: 600 JP
Banmedo: 1000 JP

Movement Skills
Move Across the Country: 1000 JP

Ah memories. :D

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter