Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Community Discussion  >  General Discussion

What do you do with liars in the Corporate Work Place?

What would you do?

Show Poll Results

06.29.2012 2:23pm
Thread Creator

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

The ones that spread lies that make you look bad in the eyes of your boss ... and who are too much of a coward to reveal themselves and promised your boss you wouldn't approach them?

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 3:57pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

The honest  way would be to file a complaint about it, saying that they're a bunch of lying liars who lie.  And tell your boss that he should get proof of whatever lies they're spouting, and when they fall flat, it'll be them that look bad.

If that doesn't work, find a closet or room nobody uses and hide the lying coworkers there.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 4:35pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Promote them - or that's what my company sadly does anyway.

Get proof for everything you do. At first it's a lot of work, but it becomes second nature. Make sure you have an email, ask for a formal request, etc.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 5:22pm
Thread Creator

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

CaButler said:

The honest  way would be to file a complaint about it, saying that they're a bunch of lying liars who lie.  And tell your boss that he should get proof of whatever lies they're spouting, and when they fall flat, it'll be them that look bad.

If that doesn't work, find a closet or room nobody uses and hide the lying coworkers there.

I'd like that or just confront them but I don't even know who they are. Though I guess it does make me feel a lot better that I talked to my friend and manager in that area and he told me not to mind them. He assumes he knows who they are and told me they are bunch of incompetent people and also causing his team trouble.

I don't care; It still bothers me.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 5:40pm

Zophycakes
I'M FROM THE INTERNETTTT
Administrator

Work for them...

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 6:07pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

Get a job somewhere else then hit your current workplace with a IED....

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 6:30pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Promote them.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 6:34pm
Thread Creator

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

OrionHardy said:

Get a job somewhere else then hit your current workplace with a IED....

I went to a bar just now and thought about it. It all depends what happens in the next few weeks but this is one option. I have been offered good opporunities from other companies before like (IBM) so it won't be a problem for me to look for a new job.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 8:09pm

Blayze
Registered Member

If they are the snivelling weasly type, then confront them about the issue out of the workplace such as when they're getting back into their car, and watch them squirm. Doesn't need to get physical, but I'd deem quietly threatening to be perfectly fair play.  Just make sure there's no other colleagues around, and it's simply your word against theirs, and hopefully they'd reconsider the next time they try stirring trouble behind people's backs.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 8:52pm

Mole
Somebody loves ya.

If your manager's on your side and you're confident they'e not hurting you, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. It sounds like you're dealing with some garden-variety Haters. This can be frustrating, but you would do well to remember that :

1. Haters can't touch
2. Haters is quick to back down
3. Jealous ones envy

Therefore if the problem recurs, the proper response is to:

And continue with your day.

Jump to Post

06.29.2012 8:54pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

kill them and wear their skin

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

06.30.2012 4:43am
Thread Creator

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Well thanks for the inputs people. While I do have faith my manager will back me up this situation is something, I hope, does not affect how I feel about the organization I work with as a whole.

Jump to Post

06.30.2012 5:35am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Pretend you have no idea what they did, pretend to be their friend, get them to bring their guard down,  all while you collect evidence against them and then file a complaint. Don't show your cards until they've played their hand. Sounds manipulative, but people who lie are easily to manipulate because they think that  you actually believe their lies.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter