Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Batman Arkham Knight trailer

< Prev 1 2 Next >

03.05.2014 12:57pm
Thread Creator

Magnus
Registered Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsf78BS9VE0

And yes folks, this time we get to drive the Batmobile.

My guess is the guy telling everyone ot leave Gotham is the Scarecrow. If it is him, he's got some big shoes to fill given the ending of Arkham City.

So from what we know from here and Arkham City, we're getting: Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Penguin, Hush, Azrael, Scarecrow. Riddler puzzles will be about again. Deadshot is more or less a given. It's time to use Black Mask beyond Origins since he was not in Arkham City.

I would imagine Bane, Mad Hatter, and Killer Croc will show up in some form. Ra's Al Ghul just needs another Lazarus Pit to be revived. Solomon Grundy can be revived.

We've yet to see Manbat and I see some fo the Origins chars showing up. 

I imagine we'll see more playable Catwoman and something with Robin (Tim).  And I can't think of any reason why they would skip out on Nightwing at least showing up and have his own DLC story.

Jump to Post

03.05.2014 1:51pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

A. City spoilers here:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Joker resurrection incoming.

Jump to Post

03.05.2014 9:11pm

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Rocksteady's making this one.  I'm in.

Jump to Post

03.05.2014 9:23pm

Zubis
Registered Member

https://imgur.com/a/PANCj/all

Jump to Post

03.05.2014 9:24pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Snark aside, this is one of the games that makes me want to get a PS4 next year.

Jump to Post

03.05.2014 10:10pm

Zubis
Registered Member

If I didn't have a decent gaming PC, this would be an excuse to pick up a PS4. But as it is, I have the entire Arkham collection on Steam, just going to add one more.

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 1:04am

Cameron
Registered Member

This has been my favorite series for a while now. Origins was fine, but it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Everything was just a little bit off about it, but it did a decent job of being a gap-stop while Rocksteady got this together. 

The trailer looks unbelievable. Particularly enjoy Bats using some of his in-game counters, and the classic cape stun. Love the way the Batmobile rises out of the water. Very nice. 

I know Mark Hamill has said he won't be a part of this one, but I wonder if he might just be protecting the story. 

Nitpicking, but why would Thomas Wayne have such a specific will ready to go? Just on the off chance he gets gunned down in Crime Alley, or what? 

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 2:36am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I am just disappointed that they did not go with something bigger than a city this time. Arkham Nation would have been perfect. :(

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 8:33am

Zubis
Registered Member

They've flat out stated Joker will not be back in this game. Which is a good thing.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31130/more-details-on-batman-arkham-knight?utm_source=twitterfeed&;utm_medium=twitter

Story-wise Scarecrow plans to unleash a chemical weapon on the city, thus most of the civilian population has been evacuated. What's left are an outnumbered police force and hundreds upon hundreds of gang members. Events of the previous games are taken into account, specifically the Joker's death. The character will NOT be back, but his passing has had an impact on the city and the game explores how the villains now fill that power vacuum.

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 9:23am

JSG
Registered Member

Scarecrow being the main villain has me giddy as a schoolgirl. I'm a HUGE Scarecrow fan.

This more than anything else makes me want a PS4. I  might get one sooner than planned just to play it.

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 10:07am

The Hulk
Good Boy

I don't think the city can ever get the vibrant, living feeling they so clearly want to achieve while they keep insisting on omitting civillians pretty much entirely.  I think the open world idea overall has been woefully misguided, but the first two games were still good so this probably will be.

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 1:26pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Zubis said:

They've flat out stated Joker will not be back in this game. Which is a good thing.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31130/more-details-on-batman-arkham-knight?utm_source=twitterfeed&;utm_medium=twitter

I'll believe it when I see it.

Jump to Post

03.06.2014 2:34pm

Cameron
Registered Member

reido said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

With Batman getting knocked out cold for a few minutes at the conclusion to City, they left it just ambiguous enough that they could explain away his return somehow.

Didn't they also say that Joker would only be making an appearance in Origins? 

Jump to Post

03.09.2014 9:59am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

i find it hard to believe joker won't show up in scarecrow hallucinations

i do expect it won't be mark hamill tho

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

03.16.2014 6:55pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Christ the graphical of detail in this game is insane.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter