Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Buying a WiiU for Christmas - What do I need?

12.05.2013 11:35pm
Thread Creator

Ladile
Medic!

My husband and I are planning to pick up a WiiU with some of our Christmas money this year and it's the one console that neither of us are very familiar with.  Are there any peripherals that we should look into picking up?  Any good game suggestions, either Wii or WiiU?  Husband wants me to pick up the Wind Waker bundle if I can find it and I was thinking about picking up The Last Story as it seems highly recommended (that and Xenoblade is apparently impossible to find).

*Seems like I make a thread like this every year at Christmas, but what can I say? I like opinions and you guys are a much more trusted source than the internet at large.

Jump to Post

12.06.2013 1:51am

Scribe
The Taru

I haven't got a chance to play Super Mario 3D World yet because it's under the tree for my kids (although I'm going to play the hell out of that game) but I've heard really good things. Really really good things. I have been enjoying New Super Mario WiiU and Wind Waker. Other than that you should pick up some Wii motion plus controllers if you don't have any (it comes with none).

Jump to Post

12.06.2013 8:24am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

New Super Mario Bros, and the Luigi version as well.

Jump to Post

12.06.2013 11:35am

Som
Genitals are Funny

I got a pre-owned WiiU the other day (traded in my PS3) and i got Mario 3D world and New Super Mario Bros

Both are great, but 3D World is kinda more amazing. Obviously if there's 2 of you get a 2nd controller. Wii controllers work so if you have any of those they will work with a WiiU.

Also, once you have your WiiU set up, get the Youtube app.

Jump to Post

12.06.2013 1:36pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Rayman Legends is pretty fun too.

Jump to Post

12.07.2013 1:08am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

The Last Story and Super Mario 3D World are both amazing, and Wind Waker HD is a visual improvement on the original, but little else.  For me that means it is the best Zelda game of all time by a larger margin, but it is all dependent on your opinion of the original.  I also have played a bit of New Super Mario Bros Wii U but haven't found it to be quite as inspired.  Maybe I need to play it a little more, but SM3DW is getting all of my attention now.

Jump to Post

12.09.2013 3:05am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

If I was buying a Wii U I'd probably get Wind Waker, Wonderful 101 and maybe consider Super Mario 3D World. I wouldn't touch the New Super Mario Bros. games with a ten foot stick because I played the first one on the DS and I wouldn't pay money for exactly the same polished turd on a bigger screen.

Jump to Post

12.09.2013 8:24pm
Thread Creator

Ladile
Medic!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I really appreciate it! :)

Jump to Post

12.11.2013 12:12am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I've also heard great feedback for Pikmin 3 so you might want to look into that as well.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter