Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Dark Souls 2

Are you prepared to die, again?

Show Poll Results

03.22.2014 6:33pm
 (Edited on 03.23.2014 at 7:51pm)

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Death penalty is stupid. That is all for now.

Edit: Push A for sex change eh? You got me there Dark Souls.

Jump to Post

03.27.2014 5:35am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Go to the Shaded Woods and get the Ring of Life Protection, or at the very least the Ring of Binding from outside of the Cathedral of Blue.

Or git gud.

Jump to Post

03.27.2014 9:25am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Ha, I got better and got the Ring outside the Cathedral of Blue. And then got promptly stomped by the boss there, losing many souls for my foolishness. Apparently I've been wandering to a harder area from the beginning and many hours in have realized this (and how to level up herp a derp).

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 2:33am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

I'd suggest slapping down your summon sign near every bonfire you visit. It's a no-lose situation for some more souls and experience checking out the level.

Also there's a bug at the moment which sometimes makes you human after being summoned. Not sure if that was fixed with the latest patch, but damn you don't wanna start popping effigies any time soon.

Jump to Post

03.28.2014 6:05am

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

I had no idea Rings of Life Protection could be fixed like any other ring, that's a kick to the crotch after making it to Drangleic Castle only to find out I could've saved up a dozen more human effigies.

As for becoming human after being summoned, I spent half a week thinking that was just an added perk of being a sunbro. On the plus side I got a good half a dozen sunlight medals in the process of realizing that was a bug.

Jump to Post

03.31.2014 7:35am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Next patch will make the becoming human thing an actual feature.

I think From realised that the sheer lack of human effigies in the pre-Shaded Woods part of the game is a bit harsh. In my first run through I went back and killed the fire keepers knowing I'd get like nine effigies for doing so.

EDIT: And then used them all on the Smelter Demon.

Jump to Post

03.31.2014 5:59pm
Thread Creator

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

I have come far closer to smashing my controller with this fucking game than anything that I have ever played in my life.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

04.01.2014 6:45pm

resare
Exceptional narcissist

It ain't that hard.

Jump to Post

04.13.2014 7:05pm
 (Edited on 04.28.2014 at 6:07pm)

Tristan
Just Giv'r

I think next playthrough I'll actually play the game in the proper order but for now I'm content to run to and fro playing the game in the most scatalogical fashion I can muster. Kinda wish min/maxing wasn't a thing, invader mages are goofs.

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 3:01am

Amer
pew pew pew

Picked this up for PC and yep, still suck. 

I'm in the Heide area with the old knights after going through the forest the last couple nights. I have the flame sword up to +3 and finally got the Heide Knight sword last night (b/c I suck) and I'm not really sure what to use now. The club is awesome with A STR for me but I miss the sword's reach. 

I hate the fucking knights. Apparently I can't dodge worth shit so shield has been invaluable to me against them. Since they are right next to the bonfire I've farmed knights 1 and 3 to the limit for now, a pity that knight 2 just disappears. I'm ablee to take down the lone sword knight in the room with 3 but then the two shield knights double team my ass pretty hard. 

I'll get to that Ring of Binding eventually. 

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 7:13am

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

Heide's Tower

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
When it comes to the room with the three, you need only worry about the greatsword knight in the center immediately. The other two knight will block off the branching paths forward at first. Once the greatsword knight is out of the way, choose a shield knight and rush him. Nine times out of ten the other knight won't bother to cross over to the opposite side of the arena to fight you.

As for the second knight that just dissappeared, he's supposed to do that. one fight with that dude then he's gone for good.

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 3:30pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Thanks, I'll try that. I was luring out the greatsword knight to the bridge area and taking him out there and then letting the shield ones come to me. Your suggestion should help. 

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 6:07pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Although once an old knight gets weak the others will rush in so you'll want to either finish him off quick or run to the entrance at which point they'll eff off. For these guys I went with no lock on and just made lazy circles around them to initiate their attack while (hopefully, heh, the greatsword guys you do not want to flee from in a straight line) being out of their range and moving in to attack right after the end of their combos. Morningstar did more damage for me at the time but I have no idea how updgraded my fire sword was or if I even had it at first. Mind you I had no idea how to properly lock on and strafe effetively at this point so take this advice with a grain of salt.

Also, you can make the run to the Ring of Binding without having to take out any of them. run by in tight to the shield guys.

Jump to Post

04.28.2014 10:12pm

Wipwned
YEEEEEAAAH!

Tristan said:
Also, you can make the run to the Ring of Binding without having to take out any of them. run by in tight to the shield guys.

I thought you had to kill the shielded guy near the bridge in order to get the mechanism that drops the bridge to pop up. Running past the guys before that might be troublesome since they have a long aggro range.

EDIT: I will say that you're probably right about the shielded knights rushing in when the greatsword knights weak. Admittedly I did most strategizing for that encounter pretty late, where i could kill the knights with a 4-5 hit combo, so I wasn't entirely sure when the knights started rushing. makes sense for that one in ten times they jump in on the fight with the greatsword knight.

Jump to Post

04.29.2014 12:15am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

The old knights have a really predictable three-hit combo, rarely doing a fourth. Their tracking can be a little hot sometimes, but if you're getting to the point where enemies are despawning because you're dying so much you really should slow down and learn to recognise attack patterns.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter