Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Does the 3DS have any good multiplayer games?

11.03.2013 1:49am
Thread Creator

Lord Snow
Super Lurker

Hey all!

A friend is thinking about picking up a 3DS over the holiday season and suggested that maybe I could snag one too and then we could play games together and other such happy things. 

However? 

It looks as if the biggest game that was drawing us toward the option doesn't...support non-local MP without jumping through some serious hoops (sigh Monster Hunter...).

So I'm wondering...are there other MP games for the 3DS that can be played online (not local) that are fun and worthwhile? 

Or is it a wash if you're not within driving distance of each other? 

Jump to Post

11.03.2013 3:36am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I.... uh.... had a ton of fun playing Zelda 4 Swords multiplayer... but that isn't available anymore if you bought a system in the past year.  So... Mariokart was good.

I'm a bad reference for multiplayer though; I'm primarily single player only for 90% of games.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.03.2013 5:50pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I understand that Kid Icarus: Uprising is really popular on the multiplayer front.

Jump to Post

11.04.2013 8:58pm
Thread Creator

Lord Snow
Super Lurker

Hmm, thanks for the thoughts, guys!

I guess I'll have to do a bit more research haha.

Jump to Post

11.04.2013 9:27pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Pokemon X & Y?

Jump to Post

11.05.2013 9:28pm
Thread Creator

Lord Snow
Super Lurker

I neglected to mention it cause I figured that one would be a given if I picked up the system haha. 

I just wasn't sure if it was a systel seller on it's own, you know? 

Jump to Post

11.05.2013 11:09pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

I don't own a 3DS so not the most informed.

But how about the upcoming Smash Brothers? isn't that going to be on DS? i would assume that would be kinda kick ass multiplayer.

Jump to Post

11.24.2013 12:53am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Goddamn NIntenod's online systems always suck. The only way to "resume"  3DS game download is to put your damn console into sleep mode, but because my internet connection is spoddy if i shut it closed at a moment when i have low signal the signal won't be strong enough to tell the download to resume.  If I open it to check to see if the download resumes , well i'm fucked and back to where i started since the next time i close it to resume it might not resume properly. So for the past 3 hours every 25 mintues I open and close it, sometimes the download resumes and sometimes it doens't. All instead of hitting a stupid fucking button that says resume like any piece of technology with a connection in a year after 1990.   Do not have faith in the Wii U online system people, Nintedo is WORSE than they were before with online play and connection. 

I'm only 35% through downloading zelda. what the fuck. at least let me have a wired connection. goddam

my internet connection is REALLy fast, the problem is that the signal can sometimes be weak for a split second, its just the way it is. No problems with using the internet or streaming movies, but downloads can be a problem this way, but usually its NO PROBLEM since i just hit refresh when something isn't working. this is terrible

Jump to Post

11.24.2013 4:24pm
Thread Creator

Lord Snow
Super Lurker

*soothe*

Haha, are you alright, Spidey?

I'm definitely eyeing Zelda as well...but I'm trying to decide between the digital download or the cartridge, with all of the convenience and resale arguments bouncing around in my head. 

Jump to Post

11.24.2013 6:48pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Mario Kart 7

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

11.27.2013 1:29am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Lord Snow said:

*soothe*

Haha, are you alright, Spidey?

I'm definitely eyeing Zelda as well...but I'm trying to decide between the digital download or the cartridge, with all of the convenience and resale arguments bouncing around in my head. 

Haha, I've calmed down since then, but I was pretty upset about it and wanted to capture my frustration in this thread the next time someone has questions about how Nintendo is handling online. Answer: Some Things Never Change. I got the download to finish after 5 or 6 hours.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter