Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 ... 224 Next >

10.10.2016 1:53pm
Thread Creator

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

Chaos said:

I've been working my way through Tales of Xillia (playing as Milla) and I've also been playing King of Fighters XIV. 

How is KOF XIV? The 3d ness  is both good and odd. Sylvie both unnerves me and is alluring at the same time. 

As for last game: I managed to beat MMZero without using any elves, and getting a A rank at the end. Thank God for Youtube, I couldn't figure out how to take out Copy X's 2nd form with out it. It's a good game though. 

Jump to Post

10.14.2016 2:28am

Chaos
Registered Member

Plumbum said:

How is KOF XIV? The 3d ness  is both good and odd. Sylvie both unnerves me and is alluring at the same time. 

As for last game: I managed to beat MMZero without using any elves, and getting a A rank at the end. Thank God for Youtube, I couldn't figure out how to take out Copy X's 2nd form with out it. It's a good game though. 

KOF XIV is a lot of fun. Sylvie is interesting, and she reminds me of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I'm sure that's the intended result though. I'm not fond of the 3D look myself, it feels unpolished. i would have prefered if they kept with the HD sprites of the last few games. Still it's fun overall, even if Terry (my main) feels a tad clunky and not as fluid as he has in the past.

As for an update from me: School is still keeping me busy, but all my gaming time has been devoted to the Halloween event on Overwatch.

Jump to Post

10.14.2016 4:24pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
World of Warcraft like always
And if I don't break my computer when I attempt to fix it tonight, Haloween Overwatch aw yiss

Also FFVII on my Vita in my car during my lunch/pick-up-kids break in the afternoon.

Jump to Post

10.15.2016 11:43am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Still going back and forth between The Witcher 3 game+ and Salt and Sanctuary, currently playing the later and I want to believe I'm close to the ending, this game is far bigger than I ever imagined!
I'm at he Something of the Forgotten Gods and stopped at the shrine because my controller ran out of juice.
I think I'll restart it as soon as I finish it with a mage build this time.
Or perhaps one of those guys with the whips.

Jump to Post

10.17.2016 4:01pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I'm in a gaming funk.  Can't really get into anything.

I tried AC: Unity, but meh.  It's such a huge step back control-wise from Syndicate that I can't deal with it.

I have both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 that I should be playing.  But they're just too much.  I can't make myself start that sort of committment right now.

I don't know, maybe it's because I should be playing FFXV right now.

Jump to Post

10.25.2016 6:27am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crono said:

Wolf Among Us has piqued my interest.  Way better than I was expecting, but maybe that's because I didn't get hyped up for it. 

I definitely made the wrong choice. I was deciding between tales from borderlands and Wolf Among us and chose tales from borderlands. I chose very very wrong, and it's a piece of crap game (I've never played borderlands, feel like I have NO IDEA what is going on at all) Probably fun for people who play borderlands but sucks for someone who never has.  I made the mistake of purchasing season pass because I was sure I'd like it.

I'm playing Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice. Another great entry into the series except Case 3 Day 1 Investgiations and Day 1 trial was among the worst in the series, but the case got way better on Day 2 and redeemed itself. 

Jump to Post

10.25.2016 3:00pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Wow.  Different strokes.  Tales from the Borderlands is my favorite Telltale game.  I just thought it was so entertaining and well done.  And I've only played a little of the first Borderlands and didn't like it (and I think most of the plot related stuff is from Borderlands 2?).

Jump to Post

10.26.2016 3:00am
 (Edited on 10.26.2016 at 3:09am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Colinp42 said:

Wow.  Different strokes.  Tales from the Borderlands is my favorite Telltale game.  I just thought it was so entertaining and well done.  And I've only played a little of the first Borderlands and didn't like it (and I think most of the plot related stuff is from Borderlands 2?).

The game is well made and the storyline is well written. All the dialogue is good. I just have zero interest in the setting or the entire premise, just something that can't  be helped. It's not made for my DNA.

Jump to Post

10.31.2016 1:49pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Got the new Skyrim.
Honestly, my old 360 Skyrim looks better, what with the higher resolution, but I added some mods to the new one and I'm having a blast.

Jump to Post

11.01.2016 4:56pm

Testament
Shamshot

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Stuck during the last chapter. I'm usually overleveled during games due to heavy sidequesting and general f'ing around but I'm apparently severely underleveled here.

Resident Evil 3 - Stars...

Shadow of Mordor - Finished the main quest. Cleaning up trophies there and then on to the DLC.

Dissidia 012 - Resumed this after a long hiatus.

Doing alternate choice runs on TWD Season 2 & Michonne soon. Also LiS and occasionally Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Oh yeah... played Outlast a few nights ago.

Jump to Post

11.01.2016 5:55pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Think I might try to get back into Shadow of Mordor after I finish up King's Quest.  I didn't dislike it, just found it kind of meh.  But I'm trying to clean up space on my hard drive, so want to get back into it.

King's Quest I enjoy.  It really doesn't resemble a classic King's Quest game in any way, in that you can't get stuck.  I understand though that modern gamers wouldn't really like that.  But there's just no using an object you found early in the game hours later - and that's what I miss.  The story is enjoyable though.  You play as Graham at different stages of his life.  Basically the story weaves in and around the previous games (there's a bit of retconning of the end of King's Quest 2, but whatever).  Actually got choked up in one part where Graham is singing to baby Alexander, knowing what would happen after.

Jump to Post

11.01.2016 6:14pm

Testament
Shamshot

I enjoy Shadow of Mordor much more than I thought I would.  The Captain-Warchief mechanic is pretty cool.

Jump to Post

11.03.2016 1:56am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Just beat Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice. That last case was pretty up there and could really be the best case in the entire series.

Playing Another Metroid 2 Remake (AM2R) now. Been waiiting for this game for a decade.  Never got to play Metroid 2 so this is an amazing experience.

Jump to Post

01.28.2017 5:45am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Figured I'd try to get this thread going again...

Just finished up a playthrough of Dragon Quest 3 on android. Since my daughter was born 70% of my playtime is limited to mobile right now. I will never quite figure out why I love Dragon Quest, but I do. And DQ3 is a game I've always had a great affection for, but have never finished. Now I can say I have. I will play through the post game content over time, but taking  break for now.

Starting Final Fantasy IX on Android. It literally blows my mind that a full blown big time console release from my freshman year in college is now available to play on my phone. I've been wanting to replay this game for a while so I will take advantage of my limitations to mobile to do some replays I've been putting off. 

Still playing Persona 3 going on like two years now. It's just hard to find time to really sit down and do more than spend 30 or 40 minute chunks of that game at a time. I like the dungeon crawling and demon fusing, but the social link stuff is just a grind. I'm not very vested in the characters I am doing social links with. I wish I was doing social links with my teammates - the ones I am going through Tartarus with. That would make the desire to do them a lot more worthwhile. When I eventually get to Persona 4 I hope the social links are better aligned with party members. 

Jump to Post

01.29.2017 3:32pm
 (Edited on 01.30.2017 at 1:42pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Bravely Devault on 3DS (midway through chapter 5) and Twilight Princess HD on wiiu.

I've enjoyed Bravely Default purely for its battle system and character progression system. It has a half-concieved throwaway plot that gets convoluted near the end, with stock cardboard cutout characters who undergo little development during the plot. After having spent over 60 hours with it, I actually would advise skipping all the cutscenes entirely.

The battle system is great though. It takes the traditional job system from FF3 or FF5 and adds even more customization options. It really turns into a sandbox game later on. I still prefer a balanced party. You can equip the battle abilities from another job like in FF5, but you also get an alotment of points that can be spent to equip passive traits of any other jobs you've learned, on an alla carte basis. This includes gaining mastery over other classes' weapons. For example, my main damage dealer is a ninja who dual wields samurai swords with elemental sword enchantments. He exploits ninja's 100% chance evasion technique and automatic countering after dodging an attack to add extra hits and be more survivable. It's a deadly combination.

The game's name comes from a new twist that they added to turn based combat. Your party members can choose to Default, which is basically a classic Defend command, but you get to store the turn as a battle point (BP), either to use multiple abilities in a single turn later (Brave), or to use powerful moves that require stored BP to execute. You can choose to Brave by borrowing turns that haven't happened yet, but you won't be able to act or defend during those borrowed turns. It adds a new layer of tactics to turn based RPG combat. 

One disappointment I have is that magical damage dealers, summoner and black mage, are once again great for mowing down trash in random encounters but ill-suited to long boss fights later on in the game. Early to mid way through it works fine and there are actually a couple boss fights where you need one to deal with the battle mechanics. However, later in the game they tap out of MP partway through the fight and have nothing to do but defend and use restoratives on others in the party. Why don't nukers get good MP restoration abilities in these games? MMOs have solved this problem long ago but offline RPGS seem to be stuck in the 90s on this.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter