Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 224 Next >

04.05.2017 2:09pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

Still working my way through Mass Effect Andromeda.  Wonky human animations aside, the combat is awesome and the story is good.  It's just not grabbing me the way the original trilogy did.  I'm not sure if that is due to the game itself not being as good as the originals or if it's my bias for the originals that are making me feel that way.  Just got finished on Kadara, so I'm not sure how far into the game I am, but one major annoyance is that each planet thus far has had the same template.  Land, establish main mission on planet, activate monoliths, reset vault, finish main quest for planet.  I hope latter parts of the game manages to switch it up a bit.

Jump to Post

04.05.2017 9:44pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I got Persona 5 yesterday for the Amazon Prime 20% off.  But will be waiting a while to play it.  I want a thorough guide first because I hate time management.

Back to finish up World of Final Fantasy post-game stuff.  Then I think I'm going to head back to FF XV, since they put out the updates they said they would.

Jump to Post

04.06.2017 4:18pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Too many damn games.

Lately I've been mostly playing The Show 2017. 

I still need to finish Horizon Zero Dawn. Still need to start Nier Automata. Persona 5 comes today.....

I've put Breath of the Wild on hold for now. It just isn't clicking for me the rest of the exclusive PS4 lineup has been lately. 

I'm also now sitting on the KH1+2+2.8 HD collections on PS4. I wish new games would stop coming out. 

Jump to Post

04.06.2017 4:49pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Resident Evil 7
Horizon Zero Dawn

Breath of the Wild (in progress)
Mass Effect Andromeda
Persona 5 (in progress)
Nier Automata (pending)
Yakuza 0 (pending)

It... has been a good and/or expensive year for games so far.

Jump to Post

04.06.2017 11:53pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

The more I play Andromeda the more I don't like the main story. That said, I am still loving the game. Strangely enough I love driving around these big giant planets and doing all the inane fetch quests. Some of the side stuff is really enjoyable too. I guess I really enjoy the idea of being a pioneer in a new galaxy so am more drawn to the quests tied to reviving planets. Even though it's redundant and doesn't necessarily have a huge payoff it makes sense of the context of what this game is about. 

I think one thing that this game suffers from is lack of music. The original trilogy had fantastic music and its noticably lacking in this game thsu far. 

Jump to Post

04.07.2017 1:12am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Yep, replaying HZD, but I've got Nier, Nioh, The Last Guardian, and Persona 5 on the waiting list, plus a few digital only games and a couple of remasters, for that reason, I got myself a 2 terabyte external storage... thingie for the PS4
Not touchig ME:A... probably ever, though.

Jump to Post

04.09.2017 2:15pm
 (Edited on 04.09.2017 at 2:48pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Just started Persona 5 last night. Right from the opening menus and the first scene it has the cool factor you expect. I've been looking forward to this one for years.

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 5:10am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

This is how you explore adult themes tastefully in a video game! The social simulator element of Persona is often more important than the traditional turn based RPG portion. Good writing so far.

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 3:49pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Persona 5 is excellent. My only annoyance so far is how many times they force you to sleep early. I could really have used that time to make lockpicks or anything else really. Hopefully it gets better as the calendar goes on. 

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 3:51pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I heard the game opens up a lot after the first several hours.

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 3:55pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Here I am trying to OCD my time management and make the best of everything.

Here Morgana is refusing to let me go downstairs, train, or make lockpicks. Here Morgana is, forcing me to go to bed.

Here Morgana is, telling me that the shopping show is on!  Here Morgana is, refusing to let me go downstairs to watch it!

MORGANA GET OFF MY JOCK, I HAVE SHIT TO DO.

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 4:09pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Hahaha...see you have perfectly illustrated why I can't play that game without a guide telling me what to do when, so I can keep calm about stuff like that.

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 4:14pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Playing with a guide would ruin it for me. You're supposed to get into the mind games and think through the likely outcomes of your responses. Playing with a guide would kill the enjoyment. That kind of optimizing is best saved for subsequent a play through.

Jump to Post

04.11.2017 4:18pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

First-time playthroughs of Persona games are physically painful, time management-wise.

In happier thoughts:

Spoiler for the beginning of Palace 3:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
Holy shit Makoto getting her Persona might be my favorite Persona moment of all time.  She spends every second of screen time up to this point being conflicted and sad and a human stick-in-the-mud but then (and I love that)..... she's just gets so fucking mad that she goes full Fury Road (AND I LOVE THAT SO MUCH).

Jump to Post

04.12.2017 3:35pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Breath of the Wild 
Bravely Second
Final Fantasy Record Kepper

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter