Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 224 Next >

05.01.2017 3:06pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I've been playing SMTIV: Apocalypse on 3DS on/off and as much as I enjoy it, I can't help but think "if only this was a full console game" every time I play it. 

Jump to Post

05.01.2017 3:07pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Persona 5 Ending Spoilers Herein:
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
First of all: fake Igor is A++ level trolling from Atlus.

When the trailers popped up the general consensus was that because the original Japanese VA for Igor had passed away and been replaced, they'd also replaced the English VA to better match--which, honestly, the deep voice did. Having it be an actual plot point is great, especially when the real Igor opens his mouth and his old voice comes out. 

And then... and then...

And then you summon the actual Devil to shoot God in the face.

This fucking game.

I cannot believe that Mishima's fucking website survey bar triumphantly filling up to 100% while the screen dramatically zooms in and focuses on it--possibly the cheesiest, most ham-handed fucking thing imaginable--made my dumbass self cry.  Goddamn it, Mishima.

Anyways I failed to max out a bunch of social links I really wanted to finish (Haru, Kawakami, Futuba, Ann, Hifumi and Yusuke, specifically) so the next morning I immediately jumped into NG+ with all my social stats either maxed out or at level 4.

Jump to Post

05.02.2017 12:58pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Anybody played the Prey demo? I didn't get too far, because I've received terrible news today and I was looking to unwind and get distracted and the demo ended up making me anxious, but it didn't seem anything very original, plus sort of crappy graphics.

Jump to Post

05.21.2017 11:27pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

No one playing anything?
I'm playing Nier Automata, I'm liking it fine, but I'm hoping it will deliver the out of this world story everyone promises, so far, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary JRPG-wise.
I really do like how fast paced the combat is.
And it's really making me wish I got Drakengard when it came out, I had the Playstation magazine demo (remember those?) and I really liked it, but in the end, I never got it.

Jump to Post

05.21.2017 11:44pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Still playing through Mass Effect Andromeda. With a five month old baby it's hard to find time to set aside to dive into these hugely epic games. Still enjoying it, but the game has warts. If the quests/missions were better streamlined or organized it would be a better experience. I think alot of the hate this game has gotten is overblown, but I can see why it didn't review as well as the original trilogy. 

I could mainline the main plot and finish the game but I really want to wrap up a lot of the meaingful side content before I do that (i.e. non-task side quests). So it will probably still be a while. 

Other than that replaying FFIX on my phone and tablet. I forgot how amazing the world in that game was. I would have loved to have seen this game as an open world game with 2017 graphics. I'm also discovering how much different my perceptions are of games in general as a 35 year old versus as an 18 year old. There are some truly great conversations and dialogue in that game that add so much to the world, but there is also some really cringeworthy stuff. At 18 I glossed over it. Now its eye rolling. It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the game but it's just interesting.

I also am trying to finish up The Swapper. I have maybe 90 minutes left in that game? The puzzles are getting harder and my patience is a lot lower than it used to be. 

Persona 3 is on hold until after I wrap up Andromeda. Then I will FINALLY finish that game. 

Jump to Post

05.22.2017 2:29pm
 (Edited on 05.22.2017 at 2:36pm)

Amer
pew pew pew

I picked up a used copy of ME Andromeda on a sale and I've actually been enjoying it a lot. It might be super low expectations and the fact I've only put maybe 4 hours into it so far, but the combat is fun and exploring worlds isn't super annoying yet. The story hasn't been anything to write home about and there was one point that really confused/irked me so far, but it's fine right now. 

Also picked up a used copy of Lego Marvel Superheroes on the same sale and man that game is a lot of fun. I love all the little dialog jokes they've fit into it that you don't see in some of the other lego games that just rip straight movie dialog these days "Crime doesn't pay, but we actually do get health and dental!" or Fury: "Thanks for your help Spider Man. There's always a place in this operation for a hero like you." Spider Man: "Like I have time for that. I've got a trigonometry exam tomorrow, my aunt needs me to pick-up a dozen eggs, and I'm drowning in angst."

Between those I'm still randomly playing some Disney Infinity playsets and UMvC3. I need to go finish some things up on PS4 exclusives but just haven't had to will to do so. 

Oh I also got Prey. I've gone through a couple areas so far - It's all very System Shock/Bioshock. Like it's all very well done and I like the aesthetic but at the same time it needs more character to really pull me back. I'm having a hard time going back to it after putting it down. 

Jump to Post

05.24.2017 5:08am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Mavilu said:

No one playing anything?
I'm playing Nier Automata, I'm liking it fine, but I'm hoping it will deliver the out of this world story everyone promises, so far, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary JRPG-wise.
I really do like how fast paced the combat is.
And it's really making me wish I got Drakengard when it came out, I had the Playstation magazine demo (remember those?) and I really liked it, but in the end, I never got it.

I'm holding out on Nier Automata because I never played Nier 1 and I want to play that first. I have the soundtrack which is absolutely amazing.

I finally beat Zelda and got all 120 shrines the game. I'm now FINALLLY playing through Wild Arms 2. This game has been on my backlog for ages, as I've finished WA 1 and WA3-4, so i'm a fan of the series. WA2 might actually be my favorite WA game after all this.

I secured my brother's PSP vita so I have a huge list of games to play next; Dangenronpa 2, Dragon's Crown, YS Memories of Celceta, and Stein's Gate.

Jump to Post

05.24.2017 2:00pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Working on the last bits of Persona 5 NG+, just need to finish Haru's confidant levels and I'll be satisfied (the only ones I'll be missing at that point are Iwai, Yoshida, and Shinya, but they were low priority compared to my party, all the women, and coffee dad)... and who knows, maybe in the time after the last palace but before the climax I'll manage to finish one or two of them. It's not like my protag will have much else to do on those days/nights.

Then it's back to Horizon Zero Dawn and, now that I'm in the dorky JRPG groove again, probably I'll start over on Tokyo Mirage Sessions (which is the dorkiest).

Jump to Post

05.24.2017 11:00pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Spidey said:
I'm now FINALLLY playing through Wild Arms 2. This game has been on my backlog for ages, as I've finished WA 1 and WA3-4, so i'm a fan of the series. WA2 might actually be my favorite WA game after all this.

Is Wild Arms 4 worth picking up? Been debating if I want to pick up used version of that and Wild Arms 5. 

Jump to Post

05.25.2017 2:17am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Playing Persona 5 New Game + myself. Makoto just awakened to her Persona. Making good progress on the available confidants so far. I'm aiming for 100% on the confidant front though I haven't decided for sure which of the possible love interests I want to go the romance route with this time. Leaning towards Haru. Finally having the social stats maxed out helps a lot, I feel like it was a mistake to make the start of Iwai's link require such a high level of Guts considering how early it comes up and how weak the benefits of his link are by the time you'd get that much guts in a normal casual playthrough. The next time I play through the game normally (whenever that is) I will be better prepared to manage those stat gains.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

05.25.2017 3:20pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Inquisitor said:

Is Wild Arms 4 worth picking up? Been debating if I want to pick up used version of that and Wild Arms 5. 

Loved WA1, but WA2 eclipsed it as my favorite when I tried it.  Then was all excited for WA3 when it came out, and it completely soured me on the series.  Haven't looked back since!

Jump to Post

05.28.2017 9:33am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Alright, finished Nier Automata with all it's main endings and a few extra for good measure (screw you, Jackass!) and I'm not that impressed honestly, I get the whole philosophical bend, and I like Philosophy, really! I love the Stoicism movement, I love Buddhism, etc. so it's not like the story was all that hard to grasp for me, it's just a bit meh game as a whole, I was hoping it would end up soon a bit after starting to play with A2 and realizing I wasn't going to get any mind blowing piece of information either, and was already bored with the combat, environments and quests; I wish I wouln't have paid full price for it.
I did like some of the songs, but I still don't agree with the OST being mind blowing either.

Also played a bit of the new Gwent game aaand, not that impressed either! maybe it's time to take a gaming break.

Jump to Post

06.06.2017 8:51am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Inquisitor said:

yes, Wild arms 4 is a good game. the battle system is great, character are great. story is good. but there's no exploration since they got rid of a traditional world map.  The soundtrack is the most "western" in the series IMO.

I haven't played WA5 as this forum absolutely trashed it for being horrible. 

Jump to Post

06.06.2017 3:38pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Finally got back into FFXV.  6 months later and I finished chapter 3!  But I'm level 60 with Ultima Weapon already :P.  Yeah...the fetch quests...I got my trophy for 40 sidequests, and I couldn't believe it had only been 40 and I'd have to do the same amount again for another trophy...Just way too much padding in this game.

And playing Zero Time Dilemma on the Vita.  Like it, but it's not gelling with me as much as Virtues Last Reward.  Just the extremely fractured way the story is told is preventing me from really caring about the characters, I think.

Jump to Post

06.08.2017 2:09am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Never shrinking from a challenge (at least at the very beginning) I got Darkest Dungeon last night, I loved it, but it was so late and I had no idea of what was I was doing and I ended up with no money, a greedy knight sort of guy (dude kept opening everything and keeping it all) and a couple of very frazzled ladies and I didn't even know very well why!
So, I'm restarting it tonight... oh, what madness awaits me?

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter