Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 ... 224 Next >

07.25.2017 9:47pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

No

Jump to Post

07.26.2017 4:33pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Spla2n. I'm a kid now, I'm a squid now, and I'm a terrible shot so mostly I just smoosh everything with a hilariously giant ink roller. It is deeply satisfying.

Jump to Post

07.27.2017 12:02am

Raphael
Eternal Lurker

I got myself a Playstation VR and it's pretty great to play with friends (they keep wanting to come over to play some more)! I'm not sure I could play for hours by myself, but taking 5-10 minutes turns makes it so we don't get dizzy. Favorite games are Thumper, Rigs, Rush of Blood and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Otherwise, I'm still leveling up my tons of characters in Diablo 3.

Jump to Post

08.10.2017 10:47am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I'm playing Senua's Sacrifice as of today, kinda cool! So far, I'm happy with those 30 bucks spent.

Jump to Post

08.10.2017 3:58pm
 (Edited on 08.10.2017 at 4:55pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Hellblade:SS is great. You playing with headphones?

Jump to Post

08.10.2017 10:47pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

No, I read everywhere that it's the way to play it, but I don't have headphones with a long cable, and I'm deaf in one ear, so I'll definitely miss what comes through one headphone. But you know, I'll try tonight anyway, because the deafness makes it very hard to understand what many of the voices are saying even through the TV speakers.

I haven't played that much yet and so I still don't have a clear grasp of the story, but the marks of a well made game are there, I wish it would have been better advertized and more people would be playing it.

Jump to Post

08.10.2017 11:16pm

Testament
Shamshot

Yeah, even with subtitles you don't get everything that is said.  I think with the binaural recording it would still be worthwhile to check it out with headphones.

Jump to Post

08.11.2017 6:58am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I tried, definitely a better experience! But the headphones cable being so short, I ended ip fighting Valrvn with my nose almost pressed to the TV, and that's not way to do it. Maybe it's time to look into getting some Bluetooth headphones, or something.

Jump to Post

08.11.2017 2:18pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I have the Playstation Wireless Gold headset, which seems to go on sale a few times a year. I generally recommend it - my problem is I only use it every now and then and every time I pick it up it seems to be out of battery and needs to be recharged. 

Jump to Post

08.11.2017 5:40pm
 (Edited on 08.11.2017 at 7:08pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Are you playing on PS4, Mavilu?

If you are, you should be able to connect some headphones/earbuds straight to the controller.

Jump to Post

08.11.2017 10:20pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Amer, I'll look it up, thank you! Since I don't play online games, I figured I didn't need one, but it might be time to look into it.

And, oh Testament, if I could I would kiss you! I was very much unaware of that headphone jack, I just got the sword Gramr, but I might just start the game all over to see what I missed.

Jump to Post

08.11.2017 11:24pm

Testament
Shamshot

Now I'm blushing =)

I'd just keep going and play it again.

Jump to Post

08.14.2017 2:01pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Ha!  Glad Testament said it because I thought of it and thought nah, I bet it isn't a PS4 controller.  Just shows you...shouldn't?...censor yourself on the internet?

Jump to Post

08.14.2017 2:22pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The advent of the controller headphone jack is on the level of default wireless controllers in terms of minor gaming revolutions. Like, ten years ago I wouldn't have really thought either of them were that big of a deal but now that we have them I don't know that I could go back?

Jump to Post

08.14.2017 3:23pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I totally forgot about just plugging in any old earphones - yeah that totally works. 

Only problem is you can't control the volume easily from them. I'm not sure there is any way to turn down the PS4 menu volume when you've got the headphones on and you'll have to adjust the volume from the in game menu while playing. The wireless playstation headphones have volume buttons on them plus a mic but they probably aren't worth it unless you're going to use them all the time. I'd stay just stick with whatever earbuds you have lying around. 

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter