Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

FFS, what are you playing?!

< Prev 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 ... 224 Next >

02.01.2018 8:43pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Testament said:

Spidey - I don't think I ever got over 100 jumps on PS1, because I thought that 1000 would be impossible.  I probably wouldn't have bothered on this version if there wasn't a trophy for it (silly, I know).  The hardest part, for me, was 200-300.  I only made it out of that range one time and that was my successful round.  What seemed to work for me was tapping my foot with the sound and pressing and actually lifting my finger off of the button each time, so the button would help me count.  Like 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &, where the sound would be the beats and the button would actually make a sound when I lifted my finger off of it for the offbeats.

Crazy enough I get my best results with muted sound and just staring at the screen.

Jump to Post

02.01.2018 8:49pm

Testament
Shamshot

Wow.  I don't think I'd be able to do it without the sound.  I tried several visual cues but none of them seemed to work for me.  It did help to have the music disabled, though.

Jump to Post

02.04.2018 5:39am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I got Dissidia Final Fantasy NT yesterday and I've been messing around with that. Despite a lot of things that were changed, it still feels like I'm playing a Dissidia game, so I've been having fun. Still getting used to the 3-on-3 battle system though I kinda miss the one-on-one matches from the PSP games. Wish they had made them separate modes instead of going all in on the team angle.

I've also been playing another game that just released from Steam Early Access last Thursday called Tangledeep. It's a roguelike with JRPG elements with an art and musical style that fits somewhere between the SNES and PS1 eras. I admit, part of the reason I'm bringing it up is that I actually contributed some content to the game in the form of side quest scenarios, flavor text for some equipment, and other bits of writing and editing. The game does still have some bugs in it unfortunately but the team has been hammering those issues out as they come up. I realize I'm plugging a game I worked on, but I have been enjoying playing it. The soundtrack is great, composed primarily by the game's creator Andrew "Zircon" Aversa with guest tracks by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle), and Norihiko Hibino (Bayonetta). /shamelessplug]

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

02.12.2018 4:04pm

Testament
Shamshot

The SotC remake is amazing.

Jump to Post

02.12.2018 11:55pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Still playing Assassin's Creed Origins, got stomped on by a rapidly charging elephant, good times!

Jump to Post

02.14.2018 12:09am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I just beat the Witcher 3. The game is a masterpiece. I really enjoyed it. So much that I even finished almost all the sidequests. I was playing many hours a day. I'll play the dlc one day but I need a break for now. I'm spoiled from sidequests forever, something like FF15 is gonna feel even worse now when in assigned fetch quests.

Playing Persona 5 now. Enjoying it so far! I like how fast paced battles are.

Jump to Post

02.14.2018 1:24am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Playing Outlast and Xenoblade Chronicles. Loving a lot of the little things with XBC so far. 

Jump to Post

02.16.2018 10:53pm

Testament
Shamshot

Played pretty much nothing but SotC for a week straight.  Just started Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yesterday.  Started Velvet's chapter on Odin Sphere.

Jump to Post

02.21.2018 11:40pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Well, busy ticking off every symbol and question mark in AC:O, and now doing underwater photography (because the mode ain't all that and I need some challenge) but I doubt I'll ever replay it, I can fetch/kill-that the first time if it means ticking it off the map but a second time around? with no other reason than just go to fetch/kill-that? no sir.
I'm bothered at certain segments of the story as well
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
you mean to tell me that this guy in Ptolemaic Egypt finds hidden areas of his country with walls covered with glowing text and pillars that talk about computers and watches and the Hubble telescope (or some such) and project images onto thin air and then he is allowed to teletransport himself out of there a la Star Trek and not a peep out of him? not a comment, not a confused statement, nothing? he just takes all this in and goes off on his merry way
that's just silly.
But, I love-love-love the guy that voices Bayek, most of the voices out there are cringey at best, but he brings such life to the character, I really enjoy it, at some point, someone tells him to rendevouz at the top of a tower, but then, the person calls him from the bottom of the tower and he sounds confused and annoyed, but the way you'd be with a friend, nicely done I also love his "aaah"s of frustration and the way he talks to little kids.

Jump to Post

03.09.2018 9:49am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

No one playing anything?
I just finished Lost Legacy, I liked it far more than I thought I would! Chloe and Nadine redeemed themselves with their back stories and actions and Iâ??m ready to get a new Uncharted with them as protagonists.

Now, on to Echo.

Jump to Post

03.09.2018 4:17pm
 (Edited on 03.09.2018 at 7:26pm)

Testament
Shamshot

Lost Legacy was very good, indeed.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Just started Ch. 4.  Loving it.

SotC - After playing the remake, I went back to the PS2 version to grab all of the time attack items.  I never picked them up on the original.

LiS: Before the Storm - Farewell episode. Oh boy...

Looking forward to A Way Out, GoW & Detroit.

I would be excited for Ni no Kuni II, but the first one is still sitting in the backlog.

Jump to Post

03.10.2018 1:56pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

About halfway through Outlast. This, combined with Firewatch, have been  great pallette cleasners for me. Outlast has had some cool moments, but it isn't as scary as I thought it would be. I still enjoy the atmosphere a lot. There was one genuinely cool moment where I was being chased by three people in the asylum and my wife happened to watch at that time and she was totally freaked out by what was happening. 

I just wrapped up the first section of Xenoblade Chronicles at Colony 9. I really like this game. In fact, I can already tell this game is what all JRPG's should be modeling themselves after in terms of writing, voice acting, and general gameplay. I know it's an 8 year old game, but damn, what a fantastic experience so far. Looking forward to really getting into the meat of this one. As I've gotten older I have found myself getting more and more annoyed at JRPG cliche's. And I find my annoyance at them creeping in on this game so far even though they don't seem to apply. I need to keep myself in check on that. 

Also fired up Mass Effect: Andromeda again. I know this game is hugely flawed, but there is something charming about it I love. I think I love the interactions between the crew more than the original trilogy. I have been feeling the urge for some type of grindy loot game so dipped back into the MP. And may even go back to ME3 multiplayer because I never maxed my manifest. 

I may pick up Destiny 1 , even though 2 is out, to fill that loot grindy itch too. 

Jump to Post

03.10.2018 11:09pm

Spoony
TEH DISCORD CREW~

Inquisitor said:

I just wrapped up the first section of Xenoblade Chronicles at Colony 9. I really like this game. In fact, I can already tell this game is what all JRPG's should be modeling themselves after in terms of writing, voice acting, and general gameplay. I know it's an 8 year old game, but damn, what a fantastic experience so far. Looking forward to really getting into the meat of this one. As I've gotten older I have found myself getting more and more annoyed at JRPG cliche's. And I find my annoyance at them creeping in on this game so far even though they don't seem to apply. I need to keep myself in check on that. 

I'm gradually finishing up Xenoblade Chronicles myself.  Fantastic game, even with its low-res graphics.  And if you just finished Colony 9, you haven't seen anything yet.

I'm on the second-to-last dungeon, and my only real story gripe is that
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.

Nobody seems to notice the fact that the Mechonis and later Bionis start to move around.  I mean, how are Colony 9 and the Frontier Village just carrying on like nothing is wrong?  Shouldn't there have at least been an earthquake?   A little debris and some NPC dialogue is all you'd really need to convey that.

Jump to Post

03.15.2018 12:44am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Spoony and Inquisitor - Glad you guys are enjoying Xenoblade. That's one of my favorite RPGs ever. It just has everything in it.

I just beat Final Fantasy 12 Revenant Wings. I played it years back but dropped it but I restarted it and finished this time. I liked the story and the extra development for the ff12 characters but the battles got real cumbersome the last chapter or two since it all just comes down to "send all your guys in". Still enjoyed it.

Continuing to play through Persona 5. I like the gameplay a lot but so far the characters arent as interesting as the ones in Persona 4. However the overall game is better.

Jump to Post

03.16.2018 3:04am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Revenant Wings is the DS one, right? I remember liking it a whole lot.

I started Echo, but I missed a key component of the gameplay and ended up cornering myself, so I was about to start it from the beginning, but it started raining and I play Oblivion during the rainy season (donâ??t know why?) so itâ??s on hold.
Soon Iâ??ll go through The Banner Saga I &II in preparation for the third one.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 ... 224 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter