Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Fate/Extra

11.17.2011 11:00pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I'm wondering if anybody else picked this title up?  For the unititated, Fate/Extra is an RPG for the PSP, developed by Type Moon and brought over to the states by Aksys, the guys responsible for Blazblue making it's way here.

For those that know, yes, this is a Nasuverse title, but it's considered an alt timeline to the Fate/Stay Night storyline, taking a difference route in history.  You play as an MC of either gender and pick one of three Servants who do the battles for you.  Saber (not the same Saber), Archer (might be the same Archer) and Caster (A Fox Girl).  While you may see a couple of familiar faces in the game, aside from maybe one of them, they aren't the same character from F/SN.

Also, it's an actual game.  It's basically a dungegon crawler, but at least it's a game.

And a fun one, as well.  The battle system itself works on the rock-paper-scissors format, with Attack-Guard-Break as your attacks plus your characters skills.

So, anybody else picked it up?

Jump to Post

11.18.2011 12:35am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I've heard good things about the story and bad things about the gameplay.  R/P/S isn't my thing for an entire game so I decided to pass.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.18.2011 2:01am
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I wouldn't call it bad.  I'd call it average.

But it's all abou the story and characters, which is good.

Jump to Post

11.30.2011 9:46pm

Veers
Flying High

I'm not a T/M fanboy so I didn't pounce on this when it came out, but since I am sufficiently T/M initiated to "get" it, and will eventually need something else to keep my PSP from collecting dust when I finish with FFT, I may pick it up later.

Jump to Post

11.30.2011 10:09pm

Testament
Shamshot

Currently $19.99 on Amazon.  (LE for $29.99)

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter