Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Final Fantasy VI/Chrono Trigger to US PSN this week.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

10.11.2011 11:41pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

The GBA version of FF6 is my favorite version of the game.  Just use headphones for the music and it's not so bad.

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 12:43am

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

shooter_mcgavin said:

However none of these seem to be problematic enough to deter the overall experience of the game. For FFVI ok quality went down but is it really that bad? I mean compared to the GBA version?
Uh, the GBA version's music, while off, was MUCH better than the earsore on the PS1.

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 1:26am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

GBA version with headphones > GBA version >>>>>>>> PSX version as far as sound quality goes. Plus the GBA port has a new, better translation and none of the glaring technical problems and glitches the PSX port had.

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 5:46am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I don't know ... granted I didn't play FFVI on the GBA throughout the end from the small amount of time I played it just felt noticably inferior. Whereas the PSX version ... it still sounds like the SNES version minus a few disjointed parts in the track.

Jump to Post

10.12.2011 5:13pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The GBA version's music is a lot different and I think it's most noticable in the battle theme. That said, at least everything sounds crisp and clear. The PSX version's music sounded like the entire thing was recorded under a pillow and that grated on me a lot more.

SNES version still has the best sound quality, but the GBA's isn't really that bad.

Jump to Post

10.17.2011 6:39am

Tristan
Just Giv'r

Once again, I'd kill for a well done, downloadable version of these games (Live plz). Hell, even a well done port would be amazing.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter