Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Games for non gamer.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

05.27.2014 8:45pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

So my Fiance is now living with me. She never really grew up playing video games like I have. She had a nes when she was a kid but once that broke she was unable to persue any other kinds of games.
So now that she is living with me I'm trying to get her into playing games with me. I introduced her to Katamari Damacy the other day, due to its bright colors, cutesy appeal and easy controls she fell in love with it easily, and now wants to play more of it. 
I figured for someone like her it would have to be a game that appeals to her in some way. She likes cute things. Something that is not hard to pick up and play.
Has anyone ever had this issue with their significant other? Are there any games you guys can suggest that I should introduce to her?, or games that we could have fun playing together?

Jump to Post

05.27.2014 10:54pm

Magnus
Registered Member

Can't go wrong with Mario, if possible.

Jump to Post

05.27.2014 11:53pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Yeah weve played the original Super Mario Bros together. I know she likes that, she also said she played the original ducktales back in the day. Is the new version good enough for me to get?

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 12:04am

Zubis
Registered Member

My gf obsessively loves Ducktales because it was her childhood game. It seems to be a 6/10 game, but nostalgia bumps that up to 8/10.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 3:00am

kjonez
with a Z

Party games are always good. Mario Party and Boom Blox Bash for the Wii are fun and the motion controls are easy to use.

I recently did the same for my gf. I've been trying to get her into FF and rpgs in general but it's been very tough, especially with older titles. What got her hooked is the fact that she really enjoys those types of stories and I showed her artwork of some of the games. That's how I got her to play FF7. 

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 3:26am

Testament
Shamshot

3D Frogger games and Zapper.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 4:33am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Journey ?

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 1:20pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I dunno about Journey.  My girl HATES that game.  "What's the point?  This is so fucking boring."

I second party games.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 2:04pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Mario Kart is a good choice.  My sister, who isn't much of a gamer despite introducing me to it, loves playing that game.

She's plotting to deal my Wii U just to play the new Mario Kart game.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 3:04pm

OrionHardy
Otherworld

My wife isn't really a gamer either. Tried to get her to play Portal 2 with me and it didn't go well.
However, based on what she enjoys playing, I'd suggest any of the Lego Games, Party Games (My wife has Scene it and a few of the Lips Games) or Minecraft.

Great men aren't everywhere, just where it counts.

If you ever see me online playing Halo, join me please.

Jump to Post

05.28.2014 7:16pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

Atma Weapon said:

Journey ?

^ Beat me to it. Mario Galaxy is a lot of fun, such a well designed game. Amazing how Nintendo have made a platform game so varied and interesting.

Jump to Post

05.29.2014 1:50am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Final Fantasy tactics, for sure.

just kidding...

go with Mario Kart and Rock Band. Mario kart is full of cute things, and every girl who isn't a gamer that i have ever met , when I ask what video games she likes, says she likes mario kart.

Jump to Post

05.29.2014 4:13am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

It depends on what she is interested in.  For my wife she grew up with an SNES in the house and nothing else, and their selection of games was pretty brutal.  She's very musical so when we started dating I shared some game music with her to build up some interest.  She likes cutesy stuff with bright colours as well, and likes reading a lot, so that led us to games with good music, happy colour schemes, and a decent story.  She hates "shooting games" and stressful games (usually ones that rely on twitch reflexes).  Not super huge into strategy, although she likes playing Civ on lower difficulties with war turned off.

The DS Dragon Quest remakes were a big hit (and remain her favorite), she has played more Zelda games than I have, and Kingdom Hearts I and II.  Mario games she tends not to like because her platforming skills aren't really developed, although Super Mario 3D World was still a hit (once I did the trick on the second stage to get us 400 lives).  We've done some Final Fantasy and Bravely Default as well, although I think she still has a bias towards the cutesier stories (Bravely Default and DQ over FF).

TL;DR - Find a game that combines multiple interests.  Take advantage of the medium - it can be many things at once.

Jump to Post

05.29.2014 7:17am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Animal Crossing! Or if she wants something more mainstream-like, Disney's Magical World. Which is just like Animal Crossing except with mice and ducks.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

05.30.2014 4:17am

Cameron
Registered Member

A Link to the Past

The way you can jump right into the game with no long-winded tutorials makes it pretty accessible. The dungeons provide just enough puzzlement for someone new to that sort of thing.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter