Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Growlasner IV coming to the PSP

01.18.2012 7:58pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 01.18.2012 at 8:04pm)

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

And is making it's way to the states this year.

It's a remake of the PS2 version, so it'll have new characters and scenarios.  It will not, however, come with VA outside of it's animated cutscenes.  That makes me sad in a way.

EDIT: And yes, I did mispell the title in the subject line.  No need to point it out.

Jump to Post

01.18.2012 8:36pm

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Great news! I loved Growlanser II and III, and tolerated V despite its many flaws. I'll be getting this as soon as possible.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

01.18.2012 8:40pm

Testament
Shamshot

I need to throw in II and/or III one of these days/months/years.

Jump to Post

01.19.2012 12:50am

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

YES!!!!!!

I was too broke at the time to actually play V, but I loved the heck out of II and III. Man, I got a PSP just at the right time.

Jump to Post

01.19.2012 2:11am

Ashilyn
Career GM

You didn't miss anything with V. It's a pretty mediocre at best game.

I've been a huge fan of the Growlanser series for years, so naturally this excites me. I bought Growlanser IV - in the original Japanese - at Otakon 06, and absolutely loved the game despite it being in Japanese and only partially translated online (and a very little bit by myself). It really is the best in the series, and I'm glad Atlus is FINALLY bringing it over. Unlike 1/2/sorta 3 and 5/6, it's a largely standalone game too, unless they changed something with all the added characters and scenarios in the PSP version.

I am a bit sad that they had to ax the voice acting for the game - playing a growlanser without voice acting will be a little weird. But, it's better they cut the voice acting on account of costs, than just ax the game all together because of VA costs like they did with SWOGs. I imagine that's why it took them almost two years to announce it after the Japanese announcement (which came at the same time as Persona 1 PSP),

So, yeah, I'm excited. I haven't been excited about a JRPG in years, but this does it. Shame we'll still never see the  first game in the US. It's the second best of the bunch, and Growlanser 2 still feels incomplete without it, since it spends a lot of it's time wrapping up loose ends from G1's plot.

Jump to Post

02.04.2012 5:14pm

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

I actually loved 3 more than two. Even though Hans was totally awesome, and in my playthroughs he eventually became Orlandu level devastating, I think I enjoyed 3's overall setup. 2 was better gameplay wise, but there's just something about wondering around the world map that gets me all nostalgic.

Man, Hans could take out the entire map, bosses inculded, before most of my other characters even got 3 turns. I hated that wolf thing Sereb though. I'm secretly hoping that if this does well, they will put up the PSP version of Growlanser I too.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter