Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Koji Igarashi has left the Konami building

03.17.2014 7:09pm
Thread Creator

Old Juan
filled with hate

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/17/castlevania-producer-koji-igarashi-left-konami/

The state of Japanese gaming these days is quite the thing. You'd think that with all these high profile producers leaving these big companies should serve as a warning sign to the big developers.

Jump to Post

03.17.2014 7:23pm

Kal
yes

If that means new Metroidvania-type games (don't care if it's not actual Castlevania), I'm rejoicing. 
If that means no more actuals Metroidvanias, then this is sad.

Either way, good luck to him. 

edit: oh is what pretty much all the comments are saying.

On a related note, there are a couple real good metroidvanias on Steam 
Valdis Story and Dust: An elysian Tale.

Jump to Post

03.17.2014 8:07pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Reminds me of when Keiji Inafune left Capcom.

Jump to Post

03.17.2014 8:11pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Creative people leave companies when they're not given creative freedom. Not much of a surprise.

Who does Konami have left, Kojima? That's about it.

Jump to Post

03.17.2014 9:31pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

This makes me sad because this pretty much means we'll be stuck with Lords of Shadow-style Castlevanias as the only Castlevania for the forseeable future. I liked LoS1 in spite of its flaws, but Mirror of Dawn and what I've heard of 2 (despite a pretty fun demo) have been really disappointing and I'll take the most derivative IGAvania over either.

Then again, I hope this means Igarashi makes a "Totally Not Castlevania" kickstarter.

Jump to Post

03.17.2014 10:14pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

That really sucks! I was really hoping for the prequel to Aria/ Dawn of sorrow. I guess the 2D games are a thing of the past now.

Jump to Post

03.19.2014 3:15am
 (Edited on 03.19.2014 at 3:46am)

Crusader
Not Even My Dad Hit Me

Makes me sad about Konami, considering their games got me into gaming in the first place.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Not the biggest IGA fan (the last Castlevania game I enjoyed was Dawn of Sorrow, got bored with Portrait of Ruin and never even bothered with Order of Ecclesia), but happy he gets to do the games he wants.  Maybe there's some redemption though with the inevitable Mighty No. Castlevania Kickstarter.  Now he's no longer bound by a nearly-30-year-old franchise (or the 20-year-old sprites he's been using for the past 10) or whatever shoestring budget Konami gave him as they continually retooled themselves into a Metal Gear sweatshop.  Or at least a lot of people assume that Konami's hamstringing him and he's not just lazily trying to rebottle lightning again and again.  This'll be his big chance to put up or shut up.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter