Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Mighty No. 9

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.04.2013 1:33am
Thread Creator

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I'm a little surprised that nobody's started a thread about this already. Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man, has started a Kickstarter to fund a new project called Mighty No. 9. It's very much a spiritual successor to Mega Man but with enough differences that Capcom cannot do anything to pull the plug if they were so inclined. The Kickstarter has exploded in its first two days and not only has it reached the minimum amount to fund the project, but it has already surpassed the first two stretch goals, with the third looking to be met very soon.

I'm personally excited about this project, I've been a big fan of classic Mega Man since I first played the games as a kid. While this is not Mega Man, it should provide some of the feeling of playing the old games again, while also offering the player something new at the same time, which is the goal of Inafune and the staff of the project. Anyone else here interested in seeing what becomes of this project? Anything in particular you want to see done with this game?

Here's a link to the Kickstarter for more details and to back the project if you haven't already.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 3:25am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Looks pretty cool. How long is the Kickstarter supposed to be?

The one thing that urks me is that the 8 bosses/ final stages thing has got to go. It's old, tired and needs to be replaced. Why not do something different like 10 or 12 main stages? Have the final stages be an underground labyrinth or a flying fortress/ sky city? It just feels like they're playing by the numbers on this one. I hope for something a little bit more different than a derivative MM clone.

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 7:27am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Fuck Yes. That is all.

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 3:19pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Coolsetzer said:

Looks pretty cool. How long is the Kickstarter supposed to be?

The one thing that urks me is that the 8 bosses/ final stages thing has got to go. It's old, tired and needs to be replaced. Why not do something different like 10 or 12 main stages? Have the final stages be an underground labyrinth or a flying fortress/ sky city? It just feels like they're playing by the numbers on this one. I hope for something a little bit more different than a derivative MM clone.

I think this is his not so subtle way of saying "fuck you" to his former corporate masters.

EDIT: And, of course, Inafune takes a swipe at the Japanese industry again.

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 4:31pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I loved watching Inafune's "Thank you" video after the project passed its initial goal. You could see the joy and relief radiating off his face.

Can't wait to play this game. I can tell it's going to be a labor of love and will be an interesting mix of tried-and-true concepts along with new ideas that Inafune couldn't really experiment with when he was in Capcom.

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 5:36pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Being that Mega Man were my favorite games growing up I guess you could say that Inafune is my hero.
So i really hope this goes well. While I'm not happy that he can't do anything with Mega man anymore maybe this will be a new series to fall in love with.

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 10:17pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

Boyfriend and I have been watching that page ever since it got released 4 days ago.

That's right xD in 4 days, they've already amassed that sum and there's 27 days left out of 31 =) we were pretty amazed at the community's response with the project and happy about it too since it sends a clear message about what gamers really want, I hope it gets a lot of attention and causes change to happen in the right direction

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

09.04.2013 10:20pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

CaButler said:

I think this is his not so subtle way of saying "fuck you" to his former corporate masters.

EDIT: And, of course, Inafune takes a swipe at the Japanese industry again.

This game would be AMAZING if they took a few cues from Silhouette Mirage. If you haven't played it, shame on you. Go watch a youtube video about it lol.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 4:56am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Found this in another forum I go to.  I thought it was very fitting.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 5:15am

Ashilyn
Career GM

I love this one in particular. Brings a tear to my eye T_T

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 12:17pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Heh. That comic is great. Live the revolution.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 8:25pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Holy Chao! I haven't heard of this kickstarter until today and it looks incredible!

Well although I am easily pleased.

Jump to Post

09.05.2013 9:31pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I want this to be for consoles ... so I plan to only pledge once this thing hits the 2 Million mark

Jump to Post

09.06.2013 12:50am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

shooter_mcgavin said:

I want this to be for consoles ... so I plan to only pledge once this thing hits the 2 Million mark

Why not pledge now so you can help achieve that goal? If I remember it right, you can retract your pledge anytime unless it's already within 24 hours of the last day.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

09.06.2013 1:36am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Plus I think the console port is their last stretch goal. So that would be some wasted donation money.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter