Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Mighty No. 9

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.06.2013 2:23am

Old Juan
filled with hate

This looks amazing.

Check out this main theme music. Simply beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukn_g3YictY

Jump to Post

09.06.2013 9:06am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Looks like they lowered the goal for it to reach consoles ... as such I will wait until 1.75 Mil before Pledging.

Jump to Post

09.07.2013 4:12am

tenken
Hooligan

When I saw this, I was kind of conflicted. On one hand, I definitely would like to see more JP devs try out the Kickstarter route. The thing is, I don't know if they'd pull the kind of support that we saw for Double Fine Adventure, Project Eternity, or Torment: Tides of Numanera. That may be because Japanese fans just aren't as aware of crowdfunding, or companies less likely to take a risk. Now we have a cool Japanese developer kickstarter, but it's for a product that's basically an old product with the serial numbers filed off, so...

I don't really like the NES Megaman games all that much. I like them much more in concept than in execution. The Megaman X series is the one I really love, but it doesn't kick people's nostalgia engines into overdrive like the classic MM games do, so I feel like Mighty No. 9 will probably draw most heavily from the originals (though the X series probably has a better chance of having its cool parts cribbed than MM Legends or heck, even the GBA/DS Zero series).  So what I'm going to do is wait on this one. I need to see if this project is going in a direction that feels fresh and fun, and not just pandering to old-school gamers with a fresh coat of paint. If I see evidence of that before the end of the KS, I'll likely pledge. If not, I'll wait and see how it develops in the interim and buy it when it comes out on Steam or PSN - but then it'd go through the review circuit and I'd get a bevy of opinions on it, so I feel it's to their advantage to sell me and people like me on the game right now.

In the meantime...holy crap, Wayforward launched a Kickstarter for a totally new console Shantae game, so all y'all give them some love if another KS is in your budget this month. The timing is unfortunate, with No.9 sure to snap up the lion's share of gamers' charity this month, but I hope it at least gets funded, because it looks super cute and fun.

Jump to Post

09.07.2013 1:26pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Dude, just front $5. You can always change your donation or cancel before the end of the month. I think that the game will take mostly from the original series as well. But I'm hoping that they take elements from the other series also. That's the cool thing about this. It's brand new, so it's not beholden to any one trope.

Jump to Post

09.07.2013 5:27pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The whole transformation concept seems like it has way more in common with the ZX series than anything from the classic games.

Also Inticreates is developing the game, so I really wouldn't be surprised if they borrowed some inspiration from the Zero and ZX games because they made those. And there's no Capcom Corporate Overlords making them stick to a specific formula to the letter.

Jump to Post

09.07.2013 8:14pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Coolsetzer said:

^Dude, just front $5. You can always change your donation or cancel before the end of the month. I think that the game will take mostly from the original series as well. But I'm hoping that they take elements from the other series also. That's the cool thing about this. It's brand new, so it's not beholden to any one trope.

I put up $20 already but I would rather not cancel after I commit so I wanted to be sure. It wouldn't be fair to my fellow backers if I back down after I said I would pledge $XXX. 

That would be like me going to dinner with a friend and I tell that person to order already when he or she arrives. That person orders food for two and I call that person deciding to back out.   

Jump to Post

10.01.2013 12:13pm
Thread Creator

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

Last day of the Kickstarter for anyone who might still be on the fence about it. They've managed to raise over $3.3 million over the last month and plowed through numerous stretch goals. The next goal to meet is to allow them to make a version of the game for the Vita and 3DS, followed by a single-player Call stage with boss.

It's been fascinating following along with the Kickstarter and the progress it's undergone. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

02.07.2014 10:24pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

Here's a video clip of Keiji Inafune playing a prototype build. Too bad it isn't an upclose screen shot but I do like what I see here.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter