Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

New 3DS recommendations

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

01.23.2017 2:14pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Dragon Quest VIII now out on 3DS. Picked it up the other day. 

Looks like they specifically took out 3D capability to make sure they could have nicer looking textures. I honestly don't remember much from playing it on PS2 but it looks nice to me. The sounds have definitely taken a hit but the voice acting sounds great still. 

Jump to Post

01.23.2017 3:43pm
 (Edited on 01.23.2017 at 4:47pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I picked up DQ8 yesterday. I'm excited to play through it again. I haven't touched it since I played it around the PS2 launch.

I also want to go back and play the DQ4 version that came out on DS. I've heard that DQ4 is part of the classical literature for JRPGs. But I have never played it for some reason.

Jump to Post

01.23.2017 5:31pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Love DQ8 (after returning DQ7), and still have my PS2 disc.  Would think about buying it again if it had come out on PS3 or 4 with trophies to get, but can't justify it for 3DS.

But DQ8's open world areas are what I want from FFXV.  With CHESTS to find!

Jump to Post

01.24.2017 7:24am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

mayofmay said:

On the Dragon Quest side of things, the DQ8 port is out in th US on Friday. I know I didn't finish it on the PS2.

Picked this up. Never could get into it on PS2 but man, no random battles, sped up battles, and saving anytime you want makes this game truly AMAZING. 

Jump to Post

01.24.2017 10:08pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Bravely Default update: ninja's Utsusemi technique and the 100% counter after dodging breaks the game when you're up against any boss that relies on physical attacks. But it is fun. I have Tiz as a ninja dual wielding samurai swords. Pair the blink/counter combo with the passive trait that buffs your attack rating each time you dodge and you will do insane damage while taking very little yourself.

A true blink tank build is still eluding me because you need to equip Piracy as a main or a subjob in order to use provoke, and even then the boss Still ignores you and go after other characters in a random way.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter