Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Nintendo Direct the thread

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 6 Next >

01.23.2013 1:58pm
Thread Creator (Edited on 01.23.2013 at 2:52pm)

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Since Nintendo has started useing these as a way to announce new products and services we should probably have a running thread for it. 

Today we have a Wiiu nintendo direct. I wonder what they have to show us. 

Virtual Console hits soon and will let you play those games on the gamepad which is pretty fucking awesome. And it does tie to miiverse. GBA games coming soon. 

Anything you transfered from wii to wiiU if you want the new funtions you can rebuy them at a very discounted price which is nice. 

Smash Bros wiiu and 3ds showing at E3. 

New 3D mario and Mario Kart WiiU at E3 as well. 

Yoshi epic yarn looks beautiful. 

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK???

New Zelda in devolpment, but until then Nintendo is remaking Wind Waker for WiiU coming out this year... Mother fucker. Now I have to buy wii. 

Also new monolitsoft game.... and the beauty... fuck. God dammit nintendo why do you do this shit to me?

https://youtu.be/4MzG6lDA1A0

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 3:24pm

The Joker
Infernal Spawn of Evil

Yeah I was pleasanty surprised by this presentation. Lots of goodies.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 3:27pm

Testament
Shamshot

Holy shizz.

Yes, please.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 3:44pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Clowd Cole said:

Anything you transfered from wii to wiiU if you want the new funtions you can rebuy them at a very discounted price which is nice. 

It's apparently $1.00 for NES games and $1.50 for SNES.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 4:30pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Clowd Cole said:

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK???

Wait, what?

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 4:41pm

amaron

CaButler said:

Wait, what?

https://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/23/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-announced-for-wii-u/

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 5:13pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Wonder if the new Xeno title is a Xenoblade 2, a true successor to Xenogears/saga, or something original.

Or some wacky combination of all three knowing Takahashi.

Also wonder if the SMTxFE game will have characters from the various spinoffs like Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, etc. or just the main series games. Unlike in the US, those games aren't sold with the Shin Megami Tensei title in Japan.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 6:34pm
 (Edited on 01.23.2013 at 6:39pm)

Ashilyn
Career GM

Like I've said elsewhere, I've been really impressed today by the NIntendo Direct presentation. They had a little bit of everything for everyone - SMTxFE (MY BODY IS READY) and Xeno (which looks like someone mashed Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, and a dash of Xenogears together) announcements, and Bayonetta 2 info for the really hardcore players, Wonderful 101 (which I had never seen a trailer before, it looks like a bast), a new Zelda (which they say they're reexamining the core aspects of the series for) and Wind Waker HD announcements, and Mario Kart, new 3D Mario, and Smash Bros. promised for E3 for the middle of the road, and Miiverse, WiiU Party and Yoshi's Epic Yarn for more casual players. Pretty solid showing.

The only thing I don't like is having to rebuy VC games you already own. That is a dick move, and Nintendo should know that doesn't fly these days. People will be pissed about that, even if it's a reduced price.

E3 is definitely going to be interesting this year, between the probability of new hardware from Sony and Microsoft, and now all of this from Nintendo. For the first time since it was announced, I kinda really want a WiiU now. Well, not now. Closer to when some of these games come out. But I want one now.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 7:04pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Ashilyn said:

The only thing I don't like is having to rebuy VC games you already own. That is a dick move, and Nintendo should know that doesn't fly these days. People will be pissed about that, even if it's a reduced price.

You dont have to rebuy the games you already bought to play them. Its if you want the Miiverse connection and the ablity to play on the controller. And at $1 or $1.50 i dont have much to complain about there. 

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 7:06pm

amaron

Ashilyn said:

Except you in no way have to re-buy anything.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 7:09pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

amaron said:

Except you in no way have to re-buy anything.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently that part was pretty poorly explained in the everything I read online, and I misunderstood when I watched the actual broadcast :E

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 9:44pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Wait wait wait.

There's a way to transfer data from the Wii to the Wii U? Please tell me that this is true.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 9:56pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

judge_raz said:

Wait wait wait.

There's a way to transfer data from the Wii to the Wii U? Please tell me that this is true.

yes you cant transfer all saves and vc games to the wiiU.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 10:04pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

Holy fuck.

Aw. You have to have both systems running at the same time. That...kind of defeats the entire purpose, doesn't it? I mean, you're moving all your shit to the Wii U so you can get rid of your Wii.

Damnation. Nintendo, you're way too good at setting me up for awesome and only delivering halfway.

Jump to Post

01.23.2013 10:05pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

You have to have both running during the transfer. After the transfer you can do what you want with your Wii.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 ... 6 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter