Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Nintendo Switch

< Prev 1 2 Next >

10.20.2016 4:59pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Well the first teaser for Nintendo's new console was released today.

The Nintendo Switch, pretty much a play anywhere console.
No console specs or games announced yet other than a new mario game teased in the trailer.
I'm curious to see more about this.

Jump to Post

10.20.2016 7:32pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Interesting.  I enjoy this because being married means TV compromise, so can't always use the TV - something PS Remote Play was supposed to fix, but just doesn't work that great for me.

Don't think I can see myself buying another Nintendo console though...I think they've lost me.

Other than NES Classic of course!

Jump to Post

10.21.2016 10:31am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

They basically merged the 3DS and Wii U.

Jump to Post

10.21.2016 3:39pm
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Without the 3D feature.

Jump to Post

10.21.2016 5:24pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to the 3DS line.

I hope they keep going with it. I think they said they are.

Jump to Post

10.21.2016 5:34pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It's not going to have physical 3DS (or Wii U) compatability, and no word on digital game compatability, so probably the 3DS still has some life in it.

Jump to Post

10.21.2016 11:24pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I'm a huge fan of this. Married with a baby on the way, my time to sit down at a console is very limited. My hope is that it ultimately leads to one streamlined Nintendo library instead of having to buy Wii U and a 3DS to get everything. I suspect they will stick with the 3DS for 12-18 months after the Switch launches to gauge success before phasing it out. 

But I'm on board, and I haven't been excited about a Nintendo console like this since the N64. 

Jump to Post

10.22.2016 12:47am
Thread Creator

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I thought I read somewhere that you'll be able to play wii u games on it. But not everything is definite yet.

Jump to Post

10.22.2016 1:44pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

^

I am pretty sure it is not backwards compatible but there was mention of porting a number of Wii U games to the Switch. I can't remember for sure and don't have a link unfortunately, but that is my recollection. 

Jump to Post

10.25.2016 6:24am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Id82 said:

Without the 3D feature.

I play my 3DS almost everyday but legit forgot it has a 3D feature, I have never used it. Only tried it on someone elses 3DS before I got mine.

Jump to Post

04.16.2017 1:58am

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I just bought one on Amazon but it's not scheduled to arrive till April 21-May 8. I have Zelda on WiiU but my in-laws are visiting from China for the next 3 months and the hybrid functionality will be a godsend while they are watching Chinese stuff on the main TV.

I was hesitant to buy from a 3rd party vendor, but I went ahead because I saw that Amazon guaruntees my payment through its A-Z program.

I also bought a tempered glass screen protector and a pro controller.

I'm really looking forward to the slew of RPGs coming out on Switch later this year (Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, Xenoblade II, Disgaea5?maybe?, etc.)

Having the ability to play major console games like Zelda right away, on handheld, is part of my gaming blue dot vision for the future.

Jump to Post

04.21.2017 2:22pm

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Apparently I bought from a scammer on Amazon, who refunded my payment after posting the item as shipped without a tracking code. So I will be hunting for a Switch until I manage to track one down. Who knows how long that will take.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a pro controller, extra joy con, Zelda, a case, and screen covers that I can't use.

Jump to Post

04.21.2017 4:00pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I saw one live, in the wild, at Wal Mart a couple days ago. Given that I have BotW on Wii U and don't want to start over, I exerted a huge amount of willpower and didn't buy it.

Holding out for a Mario Kart bundle, honestly.

Jump to Post

04.22.2017 11:57am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

I saw three on a shelf at Walmart yesterday. They weren't even behind a glass case or anything, just sitting on the bottom shelf off to the side of the game section. It'll be awhile before I get a Switch, mostly because I don't have money to spare right now and the first run on consoles always seem to have some kind of issue. Breath of the Wild is the only game out right now I care about and if I really want it bad enough, I'll pick it up on Wii U.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

04.27.2017 7:14pm
 (Edited on 04.27.2017 at 9:18pm)

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

Switch is in stock on Amazon. Just grabbed one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Update: Amazon sold out in about 30-45 minutes.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter