Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Over 30?

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

12.30.2013 1:04pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Yeah, you're too old for Resident Evil.

https://www.digitaljournal.com/tech/gaming/resident-evil-fans-outraged-over-capcom-labeling-them-too-old/article/364767
https://www.destructoid.com/resident-evil-fans-are-in-their-30s-and-40s-says-capcom-268099.phtml

I do think the series needs to rebooted; the story is a wreck and hit it's natural end with the death of Wesker in RE5.

"Capcom decided that getting exposure in fashion magazines was the way to go, so the company has been "collaborating with fashion brands which are popular among young people" and trying out concepts like that Resident Evil-themed café in Shibuya. "

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 3:34pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Nah, more like Resident Evil has regressed. RE4 is amazing to this day, but then every other RE after just dropped the ball in one way or another since.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 5:16pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Way to alienate the fans that brought the series success in the first place.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 6:06pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm 28 and think the series has been absolute shit since RE4, too.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 6:19pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Yeah, the fact I'm 32 clearly has more to do with why the series has gone to shit than, say, the fact it's in freefall mode. Must be it.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 7:19pm

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

Onyx said:

I'm 28 and think the series has been absolute shit since RE4, too.
Fuck you, you should be 16 and love it.  It ain't Capcom's fault time keeps passing.

But seriously - I think it's weird that they are blaming the age of their target demographic rather than making the game for the right demographic in the first place.  I bet they are trying to bring in new gamers, but I think they don't know how to do it properly.  This reeks of misapplying business theories from other entertainment industries.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 7:53pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I don't know what it is with their obsession in bringing in the Call of Duty crowd. They thought this shit for Dead Rising 3, too.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 9:29pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Wuzzat? Speak up sonny, I cain't hear ya! I just turned 30 and I still feel like the young buck I used to be!

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 9:32pm

Old Juan
filled with hate

SuperSquall said:

Fuck you, you should be 16 and love it. It ain't Capcom's fault time keeps passing.

But seriously - I think it's weird that they are blaming the age of their target demographic rather than making the game for the right demographic in the first place. I bet they are trying to bring in new gamers, but I think they don't know how to do it properly. This reeks of misapplying business theories from other entertainment industries.

Given the Japanese's obssesion with youth it shouldn't be surprising. From my understanding, please any member of this forum who's really versed with Japanese culture correct me if I'm wrong, that it is kind of frowned upon to be in your 30's and 40's and being a avid gamer. This of coarse has nothing to do wth the actually quality of product, which we all know is the real issue, but don't ever expect Capcom to acknowledge that.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 10:15pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

There is a sort of cultural taboo in Japan when it comes to being an adult and playing console games, though this doesn't extend to handheld/mobile games. It's a big part of why so many major Japanese publishers are infatuated with cell phone games. They're HUGE in Japan even compared to their popularity in the US. Portable game consoles and games also sell like gangbusters there.

I can't say for certain but I wouldn't be surprised if it tied into the hikikkomori problem.

Jump to Post

12.30.2013 10:54pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Another day, another article where Japan tries to make me feel old and worthless.

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 3:21am

kjonez
with a Z

Well I'm only 29 and a half! So I must still be cool and hip.

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 10:26am
 (Edited on 12.31.2013 at 10:32am)

Magnus
Registered Member

And some wonder why Inafune left...

Devil May cry gets cancled...

Megaman franchise in limbo...

Resident Evil fans insulted by executives...

No news on Street Fighter...

Capcom is definately a company that won't be around in five years.

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 4:37pm
 (Edited on 12.31.2013 at 8:49pm)

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Also nickle-and-diming their consumers to death with DLC. With some of it even on the disc.

Also Ultra Street FIghter IV shows that Capcom learned nothing from its 90s mistake of overmilking one iteration of the game. And is full of retarded design and rebalancing decisions that will make the game much worse than AE 2012.

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 6:10pm

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

kjonez said:

Well I'm only 29 and a half! So I must still be cool and hip.

me too! Although the fiery ritual of Carousel approaches...

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter