Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Over 30?

12.31.2013 7:40pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Wait are most of us FFSocietiers over 30 or near 30?

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 7:51pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Well since this site is based off a series that hasn't been relevant in over 10 years? I'd say we tip the scales on over 30.

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 10:22pm

Lexx
I know how they work

Id82 said:

I'm 29, for the record.  I can't believe I'm almost 30.

Jump to Post

12.31.2013 10:48pm
Thread Creator

Zubis
Registered Member

Id82 said:

FFO became popular when FF7 was released and that was 17 years ago, so late 20s to early 30s sounds about right.

Jump to Post

01.01.2014 1:20am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

I'll be 30 in a week.  So yeah, I think all of us are way past the quarter life crisis. 

Seriously though, how weird would it be if some 16-18 year olds started crashing our party?  There'd be shitty keg beer and ignorance all up in this bitch.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.01.2014 1:53am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Lexx said:

I'm 29, for the record. I can't believe I'm almost 30.

I can't believe any of you is near or over 30; children grow so fast!

Jump to Post

01.01.2014 2:05am

Murasame
HALE YEAH

I'm still one of the youngest on the forums and I'm 23.

Jump to Post

01.01.2014 2:27am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Old Juan said:

Given the Japanese's obssesion with youth it shouldn't be surprising. From my understanding, please any member of this forum who's really versed with Japanese culture correct me if I'm wrong, that it is kind of frowned upon to be in your 30's and 40's and being a avid gamer. This of coarse has nothing to do wth the actually quality of product, which we all know is the real issue, but don't ever expect Capcom to acknowledge that.

Even if that were true Capcom is one of the japanese publishers trying to heavily target Western Gamers. Especially with Resident Evil which has been altered to attract the COD, Gears of War audience.

Capcom has no one to blame but themselves for Resident Evil's downfall. The popularity of anything related to Zombies is at an all time high right now and TV shows like The Walking Dead, movies like World War Z, and games like The Last of Us have also target the 30 demographic. You would think Capcom would have capitalized on this recent "Zombie Craze" and find inspiration from these shows, movies, and games. 

Jump to Post

01.01.2014 2:39am

Old Juan
filled with hate

shooter_mcgavin said:

Even if that were true Capcom is one of the japanese publishers trying to heavily target Western Gamers. Especially with Resident Evil which has been altered to attract the COD, Gears of War audience.

Capcom has no one to blame but themselves for Resident Evil's downfall. The popularity of anything related to Zombies is at an all time high right now and TV shows like The Walking Dead, movies like World War Z, and games like The Last of Us have also target the 30 demographic. You would think Capcom would have capitalized on this recent "Zombie Craze" and find inspiration from these shows, movies, and games. 

Agreed that it's Capcom's own damn fault. But if they are trying to target Western Gamers, they are doing it or trying to do with through their own cultural filter. As in they want western gamers but they want the teenage crowd market. Pretty stupid, you'd think any kind of consumer research would she them theat the age range of gamers in the western terriotry is much more diverse than what think it is

Jump to Post

01.01.2014 4:31am

Lexx
I know how they work

Mavilu said:

I can't believe any of you is near or over 30; children grow so fast!

<3 Mommy Mav.

Jump to Post

01.02.2014 9:06am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

34. I'm one of the oldest members, I think.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

01.02.2014 1:47pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I just turned 30 about two weeks ago.

And regarding Capcom:

Jump to Post

01.02.2014 5:37pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Fincher said:

34. I'm one of the oldest members, I think.

35. Step down son!

Jump to Post

01.02.2014 7:31pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

35er here. On topic, it's unfortunate, because they used to be one of my favorite developers in the PS1 era. It seems like they want to go the Square route and I don't think that will succeed. Who are the bozos that are running that company these days, anyway?

Jump to Post

01.02.2014 8:13pm

Testament
Shamshot

36.  =)

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter