Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

PS5 is rumored on the horizon

05.29.2018 4:02pm
Thread Creator

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Rumors have started to swirl that the PS5 could be incoming sooner than later. In fact Sony stated last week that the PS4 was entering the final stage of it's life cycle. That blew my mind as this generation feels incredibly fresh to me, even though it's been around since late 2013 which is about five years ago. I guess for me, it felt like the first two years of the PS4/Xbox One generation were largely cross-generation releases. Hell, Metal Gear Solid 5 was released on the PS3, as was Persona 5! So even though the PS4 has been out for almost 5 years, to me it feels like we really are at the 3 or 4 year mark where games have been dedicated specifically to that piece of hardware. 

Even though we are starting to hear rumors of the PS5, my guess is we don't actually see it in stores until 2020 at earliest as the phrase "entering the final stage of its life cycle" implies to me we've got a couple more years of the PS4. I would also anticipate the next PlayStation will be full of cross gen games for 12 to 24 months after release (just like with the jump from PS3 to PS4). We will also probably get some type of incremental upgrade like the PS4 Pro a couple of years after that. So for me personally, with an 18 month old, and a career I need to be spending a lot of time on, I probably won't even think about buying a PS5 for another 6 or 7 years unless there is a "must have" game that comes out. My backlog is too big and I haven't touched most of the "best" games from this generation of gaming. 

Some of this is just me getting older, but I'm curious where others are at with the possibility of new hardware coming out in the next few years. It feels like just yesterday I was getting my PS4 shipped to me with the Nathan Drake Collection. 

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 6:54pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

I'm not ready for another Playstation. I love my PS4 and use it for everything. I thought I read an article recently where some big guy at Sony said we shouldn't expect the PS5 for another three years. I'm ok with that. I can wait.

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 7:35pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It'll be out just in time for that rumored 2023 FFVII remake release date.

Jump to Post

05.29.2018 11:35pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I just got mine for... a year? or two, either way, not enough time, I fully expect several upcoming games to be released before I have to get a new one.

Jump to Post

06.01.2018 5:51am

Scribe
The Taru

I really really hope it makes large advances to PSVR! The PSVR is amazing, but with a more powerful machine and more tracking cameras it could be flawless.

Jump to Post

06.01.2018 9:43am

Magnus
Registered Member

Not likely to know anything on PS5 for another year, at least. Keep in mind we went 6-7 years before PS4 was announced. We're not even at the year 5 mark which is in November. Besides, releasing a new console soon would not be wise since it's only been a few years since the last gen came out.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter