Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

PSN 14 for 14 NICE SALE for Plus members and FREE BIOSHOCK:I

01.13.2014 10:58pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/13/playstation-plus-bioshock-infinite-joins-the-instant-game-collection/

I'll be picking up Puppeteer for 7 bucks and Enslaved for 5! What are you guys going to get?

Jump to Post

01.13.2014 11:07pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

They still want people to pay money for Enslaved? I pity anyone who falls for that trap. I'm gonna try and get Tales of Xillia ($10), but I absolutely recommend anyone that can pick up The Wolf Among Us and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (both $13.75). Botha re fantastic games.

Jump to Post

01.13.2014 11:35pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Ashilyn said:

They still want people to pay money for Enslaved? I pity anyone who falls for that trap. I'm gonna try and get Tales of Xillia ($10), but I absolutely recommend anyone that can pick up The Wolf Among Us and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (both $13.75). Botha re fantastic games.

Yikes, was it that bad?

Jump to Post

01.13.2014 11:39pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

It's made by Ninja Theory,so you have to like their brand of idiocy. I thought it was a lot worse than Heavenly Sword, personally, but there are people out there that like it.

Jump to Post

01.13.2014 11:48pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Ashilyn said:

It's made by Ninja Theory,so you have to like their brand of idiocy. I thought it was a lot worse than Heavenly Sword, personally, but there are people out there that like it.

Heavenly Sword was pretty kick ass... I really wish it was longer. Hopefully there will be a sequel to it someday.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 12:28am

Crisium
N/A

Puppeteer, heck yes.

Xilia, maybe.  I am in no rush to get this game, and would gladly play it 7 years from now.  But $10 digital may be lower than used copies if this game wasn't printed en masse.  Anyone know how rare the game is?  I wonder if this seriously might be the cheapest it will ever be.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 1:40am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Scribe said:

Heavenly Sword was pretty kick ass... I really wish it was longer. Hopefully there will be a sequel to it someday.

I wouldn't hold your breath. A sequel's already been cancelled once when Sony pulled the plug on it.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 4:17am

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I very much enjoyed playing Enslaved, and I had no idea it was made by the same team who made Heavenly Sword which I wasn't that big a fan of.  Enslaved, though, I enjoyed the environment and the interaction between Monkey and Trip.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 2:07pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

I have Enslaved, and still intend to get back to it.  I enjoyed what I played of it though.

Definitely gonna snag Wolf Among Us.  Love Fables.  Now just have to wait for a sale on Walking Dead Season 2.  Sadly I had already played Bioshock Infinite, but I had borrowed it from someone so at least I didn't pay money (maybe someday I'll decide to go for the platinum on it).

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 2:22pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I don't have PS+ but I'm still looking forward to the sale. Finally going to grab Spelunky for the Vita. Is it worth getting the annual membership even though I don't have a PS3? The instant game collection is nice, but I don't know if I'd get my money's worth with only owning a Vita.

Cult of Personality said:

I very much enjoyed playing Enslaved, and I had no idea it was made by the same team who made Heavenly Sword which I wasn't that big a fan of.  Enslaved, though, I enjoyed the environment and the interaction between Monkey and Trip.

Yep, the environment and interaction was great, as was the voice acting. Not a spectacular game, but I really enjoyed it. The DLC wasn't bad either.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 7:40pm
 (Edited on 01.14.2014 at 8:59pm)

Colinp42
Registered Member

I say PS+ is a no-brainer if you own either PS3 OR Vita.  And if there's any chance you might get a PS4 or PS3 in the future, just make sure every week you're using the web store to add new free games to your download list.  I never really thought I'd get a Vita, but I still added everything so now that I have one I didn't miss out on any games.

But with just a Vita is what, 5 free games right now, with more coming?  You have to look at what they currently are to see what interests you and what you've already played, but for most people it's a good value.

EDIT: Sale is up now - went into the store just to add funds for tonight and the sale was already there.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 9:26pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I'm just hung up on not actually owning any of those games. If I stop the subscription, I lose access to them. It bugs me and I don't really know why.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 10:23pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yeah, that's why I haven't bothered with it.  At least with XBLA you get to keep the games with Gold that you've downloaded no matter what.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

01.14.2014 11:15pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I look at them as a bonus for what I really subscribe to Plus for - the sales, and come when I get a PS4, online multiplayer. Ever since I joined plus last year I've gotten some killer games on great sale deals, more than enough to pay off the cost of actually having Plus. The free games are just a nice bonus. Most of them are games you'd probably only play once or twice anyway, so the idea of "renting" them (which isn't entirely  an outlook I agree with) never particularly bothered me.

The only time it IS a problem is when I decide I like a game enough to actually buy it or the "ultimate"/DLC complete version of it free when it goes on sale, and not being able to because PSN thinks I already bought it. I shouldn't need to have a game removed from my account so I am then enabled to buy it.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter