Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies

11.11.2013 2:50am
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Uh, when does this come out? Wikipedia claims it came out Oct 24th....and I haven't heard a peep out of any of you, nor can I find where I can buy this other than importing the japanese version. Also, I can't find a legit North american release date. What gives?

Edit: Is it a digital only release? Please confirm so I can buy a 3DS asap!!!!

Jump to Post

11.11.2013 2:56am

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

It is digial only (for now so they say if it makes enough $$$).  I really want to play it but I'm waiting to get a 3DS flashcart and I can't update my firmware or the flashcart won't work.  Luckily, I'll be able to buy it still though since it has a spoofer now. 

I've heard this game has a really good story and possibly the best oh shit moment out of all the games.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

11.11.2013 4:42am

FenixDown
The King's orders are absolute

It is digital only, much to my personal displeasure in that regard (I had to deal with errors from the eShop when trying to buy it, and the file size took up roughly half of the available space on the SD card my 3DS came with). The game itself is great though, but I'm not quite sure where to rank it among the other titles in the series yet. Some of the investigation segments drag a bit and, at times, the game holds your hand more than past entries of the series have, but otherwise I don't have any real complaints about it.

There are fewer cameos from past AA entries in this game than in Investigations and they took greater care in making them relevant in their appearances. I liked the new characters Athena Cykes and Simon Blackquill and the new detective I was iffy on at first but warmed up to as the game progressed. The soundtrack is among the best in the series, combining some updated versions of classic themes with plenty of great new pieces. I have a hard time getting Prosecutor Blackquill's theme out of my head and the theme associated with the final culprit sounds like it would be amazing when performed by a live orchestra. I imported the soundtrack before I even finished the game, I was liking it so much.

I highly recommend giving this game a shot.

Let's Play Chrono Trigger
Let's Play The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Let's Play Final Fantasy VI

Jump to Post

11.11.2013 2:26pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Crono said:

It is digial only (for now so they say if it makes enough $$$).  I really want to play it but I'm waiting to get a 3DS flashcart and I can't update my firmware or the flashcart won't work.  Luckily, I'll be able to buy it still though since it has a spoofer now. 

I've heard this game has a really good story and possibly the best oh shit moment out of all the games.

Well, we got a few to choose from:

Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
-Apollo getting wrecked from a bomb that blew up in the court room

-Phoenix's epic return to the bench.  Did with Edgeworth

-Apollo indicing Athena for murder after we spent and entire game knowing her

-The regturn of Pearls as a teen

-Oh, and the wacky, crazy dective is actually... well, I'm not spoiling that one yet.

I just finished the game myself and it was great.  The new engine really helps out the court gameplay a lot with it's dramatic pans, and well as giving our characters some real fluid movements.

Also, I really liked Athena and hope she gets to headline her own game at some point.

Jump to Post

11.13.2013 5:41am
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.13.2013 at 5:47am)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Crono said:

Im gonna get it and update, I can't really wait to play this and Zelda. I figure if I want to get a flash cart I can sell this DS buy a new one, take a 50 dollar hit, which will be worth getting  a flash cart. If that spoofer does work then no worries right?

Jump to Post

11.13.2013 2:42pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

As it stands now you can't be on any firmware past 4.4 or the Gateway 3DS won't work.  The spoofer is just so you can make it look like your 3DS is up to date and thus you can get on the eshop.  So if you update (as it stands now, things COULD change) you'd have to find a 3DS at 4.4 or lower later. 

They say don't update past 6.2 so MAYBE that's a hint that something is in the works for 4.5-6.2 but things are moving very slow with 3DS hacking/flashcarts.

Jump to Post

11.13.2013 11:09pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Quite enjoyed the game. I think it's the second best in the series after Trials and Tribulations.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter