Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Radiant Historia is getting a re-release.

< Prev 1 2 Next >

02.11.2012 10:33pm
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

http://kotaku.com/5884301/radiant-historia-gets-a-re+release-in-march

If you didnt buy this game... GO BUY IT!

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

02.11.2012 11:50pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Awesome news. This was a really fun little game. Definitely worth picking up.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 12:03am

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

What type of RPG would you guys consider it?

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 12:39am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Pretty much a straight up 16-bit style turn-based RPG with an interesting time travel-based plot dealing with alternate realities (though the time travel is focused around a very small time period), a refreshing cast free of a lot of the silly JRPG/anime tropes of the last few years, and really good music and fun combat mechanics.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 12:40am
Thread Creator

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Its a turn based like FFX, but to say its exactly like FFX would it an injustice. Its totally unique.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 12:47am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The battle system works a lot off positioning and exploiting that for combos.  Attacks can push and pull enemies to different spaces on a small grid and if two enemies are on the same square (or are in a specific range for an AOE attack), they all take damage from the single attack.

It has a FFX-style priority window and like FFX, you can bump up and knock back turns.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 12:58am

amaron

Onyx said:

The battle system works a lot off positioning and exploiting that for combos.  Attacks can push and pull enemies to different spaces on a small grid and if two enemies are on the same square (or are in a specific range for an AOE attack), they all take damage from the single attack.

It has a FFX-style priority window and like FFX, you can bump up and knock back turns.

That sounds a bit like Eternal Sonata.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 2:48am

Amer
pew pew pew

I guess my copy is only worth $35 again now. 

Oh well. 

I still need to go back and finish it, but even with the only 4 or 5 hours I've put into it, it's a fun and fresh jRPG. 

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 3:00am

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

amaron said:

What type of RPG would you guys consider it?

Onyx basically covered it, but if it helps, think Final Fantasy VI, only with a smaller cast and Quantum Leap Time Travel.

if it also helps, this game takes a lot of common cliches and tropes, takes them out back and shoots them old yeller style.  This is mostly because the cast itself are just very well done, especially the main lead.

It was one of my top five games of the year for 2011.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 3:47am

amaron

Guess I'll be picking it up then... sounds interesting.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 5:30am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I found the official ages of the cast really jarring. Mainly because this is the first JRPG I've played in a long-ass time where all the characters actually act like adults instead of awkward/moronic/immature teenagers.  Of course, the official ages are just instruction manual/wiki fodder and never actually referenced in the game. But it's weird that Stocke is 19 when he acts and looks like someone, at least, in their mid 20's.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 6:43am

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

I like that the story doesn't take itself incredibly seriously while not being a silly, kiddie story.
Stocke himself is the aloof quiet type, but he is also a very nice guy to hang around.
And the character art is plain gorgeous.
Amaron, please do buy it, it's such a nice game.

Too bad they haven't released the CD they released originally, or any other soundtrack really; I would buy the game all over again just to get that CD.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 3:05pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

This was definitely top 5 of 2011 for every reason that's been said.  Non-cliche cast, fun turn based battles, great story, and great music.  I couldn't care what the manual says their ages are; as long as they don't act retarded they can be 16 or 60.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 4:59pm

Crisium
N/A

It's the best JRPG I have played in a decade, and one of the top games of 2011.  I hope the release sells well.  Even as someone who pirated every DS game from 2007+, I actually bought this one.  It is worth the money.

Jump to Post

02.12.2012 5:08pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Definitetly in my top 10 rpgs of all time, I loved everything about this game. what a fantastic title. It's a turn based jRPG as others have said. It's not like FFX at all though..

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter