Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Sony: Nintendo did it, so we're doing it as well dammit!

09.19.2018 9:51am
Thread Creator

Magnus
Registered Member

PS1 Classic coming out in December.

Will include 20 ttiles at launch. RPG side will give up FFVII and Wildarms. We also have Tekken 3, Ridge Racer Type 4, and Jumping Flash.

Undoubtedly we will see one of the Tomb Raider titles, Oddworld, one fo the Resident Evils, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, and likely Twisted Metal.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

Jump to Post

09.19.2018 10:42am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Didn't Nintendo rip off Atari who did it before them?  Anyway, same as the NES/SNES, great for those interested but I just won't pay for a little novelty when every game is out there and beyond easy to emulate.

Jump to Post

09.19.2018 4:26pm

Testament
Shamshot

I did end up picking up an SNES Classic, but that is something my whole family plays.  I don't see myself picking this up unless it has a game that there is no way it will have... like Valkyrie Profile.

Jump to Post

09.19.2018 4:45pm

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Aside from FF titles I feel a lot of PS1 games haven't aged well, although it would be good to get a full game list. These might be more available compared to Nintendo's never making enough to meet demand tactic.

Jump to Post

09.19.2018 10:07pm

resare
Exceptional narcissist

No analog sticks? Nasty.

Jump to Post

09.20.2018 3:41am

Id82
Fuck Shit Stack.

Did the original PS have analog sticks?

Jump to Post

09.20.2018 9:32am

resare
Exceptional narcissist

Not to begin with, but I imagine half the games on the Classic will be hot garbage without it.

Jump to Post

09.20.2018 4:15pm

Testament
Shamshot

I don't know that it will be that bad, but I bet at some point they will give you the option to upgrade for a "small" fee.

Jump to Post

09.22.2018 4:05am

Lord Golbez
Registered Member

Yeah, this is a misguided attempt to cash in on the same nostalgia as NES/SNES classic.  Problem is the factors just don't match up that well.  It's a generation closer to now, plus people could still play their PSX games on PS2.  Then you've got the fact that most of the best ones were already available digitally.  At least they won't sell out before day one like Nintendo.

Jump to Post

09.23.2018 4:43pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Lord Golbez said:

Yeah, this is a misguided attempt to cash in on the same nostalgia as NES/SNES classic.  Problem is the factors just don't match up that well.  It's a generation closer to now, plus people could still play their PSX games on PS2.  Then you've got the fact that most of the best ones were already available digitally.  At least they won't sell out before day one like Nintendo.

Bingo. 

Mix in the fact that it won't come with the dualshock controller and I have zero interest. 

I will be waiting to see what the modding/hacking scene is for this thing. If it's anything like the SNES classic I may have some interest in picking one up, but I'm not going to be lining up day one. 

Jump to Post

09.23.2018 9:27pm

The Hulk
Good Boy

I guarantee these will sell like hotcakes.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter