Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Still droppin dreams down dat distance

12.25.2011 12:21am
Thread Creator (Edited on 12.25.2011 at 12:48am)

Thirdtwin
It's you guys' fault

So in this trailer we've got confirmation on the whole cast of The World Ends with You, as well as the worlds of Pinocchio, Hunchback, Tron and Three Musketeers (I did not even know Disney MADE a Three Musketeers movie).  The gimmick appears to be that some worlds escaped the great darkness that swallowed everyone else's world by falling asleep, but there are Nightmares and Spirits that haunt the dreaming realms and you have to wake them up somehow.  Moreover Riku and Sora are separated despite being in the same worlds simultaneously, which of course makes the TWEWY tie-in appropriate.  The Dudes in Black Coats appear to be serving the role the Reapers did in TWEWY, unfortunately; no sign of Sho Minamimoto yet.  Also Sora fell asleep in a dream, so a few more skips downward and it'll start spawning Xzibit and/or Inception memes.  There appears to be timeline trickery, as Mickey does not recognize Sora and Axel isn't a Nobody anymore, but still bums around in that body-length hoodie.  And Pete's back.  (yay.)

Frame rate looks a bit choppy and inconsistent, oddly.  I don't know if that's the 3D or it being an incomplete build or what, but it's mildly worrisome because the KH games have usually been pretty sharp on that front at least.  Otherwise there's lots of gliding around being sparkly, as per usual.  Go head and bounce off them walls like a mothafuckin bawss.  And you can certainly pet the hell out of/sing and dance with your pastel-colored cartoon panda bear, like you've always wanted.   It's Kingdom Hearts, bitch.  You know how it do.

Japanese Pinocchio's voice amuses me.  It's very cute, for lack of a better word.

TT

Jump to Post

12.25.2011 2:11am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

I have no comprehension of what the KH storyline is about, but they are still fun games overall.

Jump to Post

12.27.2011 3:39pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

*Disney Nerdism*

The Three Musketeers was a standalone movie in the vein of Mickey's Christmas Carol and The Prince and the Pauper, and featured Mickey, Donald and Goofy as the Musketeers.

----

I'm not sure about this Kingdom Hearts game, I'm usually pretty gung-ho but this one just looks... a little too different for me to be able to enjoy. And I've played 358/2 Days! :P

Jump to Post

12.27.2011 3:50pm

Sturm
Registered Member

Aw, I was hoping it was Keifer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, and Chris O'donnell Three Musketeers.

Jump to Post

12.28.2011 1:02pm

Zubis
Registered Member

TT's first paragraph is the reason I don't see myself ever playing a Kingdom Hearts game again.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter