Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The Broken Age arrives

01.15.2014 1:38pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

For those of us that backed Double Fine's Kickstarter back last year (was it really that long ago?), the first part of that game was made available to the backers recently.

I only had a couple of hours to play, but from what I played, it's very much a tried and true point-n-click adventure game.  I've done Vella's story so far and found the character pretty enjoyable.  She's the typical PC character who refuses to accept what other people consider normal... if you consider being sacrificed to a flesh eating monster and making a big celebration about it normal.

Fun fact, the voice actress doing Vella was actually LeBlanc from Final Fantasy X-2.  Have fun with that.

Jump to Post

01.15.2014 10:40pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

I'm currently doing Shay's part and damn, those yarn thingies are so cute!

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

01.16.2014 3:42am

Amer
pew pew pew

Installed and finished tonight. Took about 4 hours, which is a little shorter than what I thought the first act would be, but then again what was there was pretty high quality and they only had a year. 

The art is amazing. The puzzles aren't really complicated or in for the long haul like some of the old Monkey Island shit. 

The ending was kind of a shocker for me. I was switching back and forth for a while until I just wound up going with Shay's and finishing his first. I think finishing Shay's first definitely made Vella's ending better. Then again maybe the game is smart enough to change Shay's if you finish Vella first. 

Jump to Post

01.16.2014 9:32am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

Just installing my copy now, still really glad that the grassroots support for this developer has let them build the kind of game they want to make.

Jump to Post

01.17.2014 1:18pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Just completed both sides of Broken Age and got the cliffhanger ending.

...This is like crack or something.  I need more, man!  I need more!  Good thing The Wolf Among Us is getting an episode 2 soon... hopefully very soon.

Overall, I think I can see where most of the money went with, because this is a pretty impressive cast of characters wtih some pretty impressive voice acting.

And those damn Yarn Puppets are just too darn cute!

Jump to Post

01.20.2014 6:53am

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I was having fun, but now my game crashes every time I try and boot it up on my laptop, going to try and play it at work.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter