Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The Last of Us is getting some great reviews

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

06.24.2013 6:06pm
 (Edited on 06.25.2013 at 2:20pm)

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

You'll note there's an "if" in that sentence, as in, "if this is the last great game yadda yadda".  I'm fully aware that this generation isn't over, but I'm also of the opinion the bar has been set remarkably high.

Jump to Post

06.28.2013 7:13pm

judge_raz
Ceci n'est pas une lobster

I like how, in the Last of Us' universe, no one has ever heard of fiberglass arrows.

"Of Christ's twelve Apostles Judas alone proved to be traitor. But if he had acquired power, he would have represented the other eleven Apostles as traitors, and also all the lesser Apostles whom Luke numbers as seventy." - Leon Trotsky

I have a blog. This is its URL. You should read it. It's about education and skepticism and books and it has a lot of pictures of Batman and Robin in it: https://baldermoon.wordpress.com/

Jump to Post

06.28.2013 7:42pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Jump to Post

06.29.2013 2:45am

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Yeah. Still feeling hype averse. Picking this up MONTHS from now. I feel like this game could be the second coming of Super Metroid and I'll be disappointed.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

07.07.2013 5:02am

Testament
Shamshot

Amazing experience. Can't wait to start Survivor.

Jump to Post

07.07.2013 5:14pm
 (Edited on 07.07.2013 at 9:34pm)

Man of the Sea
This space for rent

Finally finished this last night.  Fun game, but definitely drags in spots, like Uncharted.  And that Penny Arcade comic about the clickers is spot on.  Fuck that nonsense.  Good story and characters, though; I wasn't the biggest fan of Naughty Dog's scripted cinema shooters this gen, but this was easily the best of the bunch in that category.

Jump to Post

07.08.2013 12:01am

Zubis
Registered Member

Do people feel this game is ...VGABait? Or whatever the gaming equivalent of Oscarbait is?

Jump to Post

02.18.2014 4:03am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

I am one of those pointless protesters of DLC. I refuse to buy it unless I LOVE the game. I didn't even get the DLC for GTAIV and I had a great time playing through it. That is... until they bundled all three parts of the game together and charged 20$ in which Gamestop allowed me to trade my GTAIV for 10$ bucks off of that price tag.

FFXI would be the only exception but those were full on expansions and added a lot of content each go around.

So, I don't like DLC mainly because I never think the price tag is worth the content you get.

I bought some this time, for this wonderful game... and I'm not mad about it. Since Left Behind was 15$ I just went for the season pass for 20$ to make getting the online trophies more fun. The episode is short. I've made a habbit to play on the most difficult settings in games (this started with Halo3) in order to get the most trophies right off. This episode played on Survivor not only scared the piss out of me but it lengthened the playthrough to about 4 hours. The pacing is perfect, the story was good enough to make me want to pop back in the main game and start my playthrough on Survivor now that I have it unlocked. All I can tell you is "Damn, Naughtydog is good." Really good. Because any other game gave me this length of content for 15$ bucks I'd be really upset, but this experience for me was worth it.

If you can't justify the cash drop, watch a Lets Play video of it. It was really fun!

Jump to Post

02.18.2014 2:30pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

TLOU is one of the few games I'd buy DLC for without even considering if it's any good (the only other games that get that from me are Mass Effect 2/3 and Saints Row IV).  I am glad this is getting good buzz, and now I'm off to buy it while I still have money to do so with.

Jump to Post

04.03.2014 2:58pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Damn, damn, Left Behind was so fucking good.

Absolutely lives up to the main game, and that's an incredibly high bar to reach.  Well worth the cost of admission.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter