Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The Xbox is your new cable box

10.05.2011 9:12pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

It's pretty much official.  Soon you'll be able to stream your TV shows to the Xbox.

Uh, yay, I guess?  I don't know, really.  I mean, if I don't have to pay cable fees, then this might be a good thing.  Otherwise, given the lack of information, I won't hold my breath.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's like Hulu + or Netflix, that you still have to pay for it.

I'm kinda surprised by the partners on the list, though.  And it's quite a few, too.

Jump to Post

10.06.2011 2:29am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

It seems like they are just looking to deliver OnDemand through the xBox basically. Which is... well just sort of not a big deal. If they allow you to use the 360 literally as your cable box/DVR, that might have some minor awesome in it. You wouldn't have to pay for equipment rental and a few added features.

Jump to Post

10.06.2011 3:32am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I'm only excited about this if it allows me to watch College Football and sports live. Otherwise, it's nothing more than I'm getting with Hulu Plus and Netflix. 

Jump to Post

10.06.2011 4:30am

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

THey tricked me with the ESPN app, I have cable almost exclusively to watch sports and ESPN, and the Xbox version doesn't let you stream live, which it leads you to believe....unless I'm missing something and someone can fill me in.

Jump to Post

10.06.2011 3:59pm

Amer
pew pew pew

I thought the ESPN thing on Xbox was basically just ESPN3. I don't get access to it since I don't have access to it through my dish provider. 

I'm guessing it will be the same for things like HBO Go and what not, you have to subscribe to HBO programming in order to use it, you can't just be a Gold member? 

Jump to Post

10.08.2011 3:21am

Plumbum
Yes, what of it?

The day I could get NHL Gamecenter/Center Ice via PS360 without having to subscribe to cable will be the day I quit cable.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter