Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

The guest fighter in Soul Calibur V

10.21.2011 6:13pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

As has been a tradition since 2, SC has made it a habit to have guest fighters.  In 2, you had Spawn, Link and what's his name from Tekken.  For IV, it was Star Wars, with the handheld version getting Kratos.  Now, SCV has it's own guest fighter.

Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.  Complete with original VA.

To be completely honest, after the dysmial SC IV, which I was not a big fan of, I had hesitations on V and would probably skip it entirely.  After the above trailer, my opinion has changed from that to "...okay, you got me."

Admittedly, it could still be a bad game, but anything dealing with the Assassins is good, in my mind.

Shame it wasn't Altiar, but then again, if he was in the game, you wouldn't have much of a game, since he'd likely have killed everybody before they could even meet.

And for those that already know, here's the Penny-Arcade comic about the annoucement.

Jump to Post

10.24.2011 9:01pm

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

In each new SC, these guest fighters keep going downhill in the "WOW I WANNA PLAY AS THAT GUY" factor.

Jump to Post

10.24.2011 10:57pm

Ashilyn
Career GM

I'm really over the whole guest fighter thing. Ezio may fit the game better than most of the other past guest characters, but it's stopped being an "OMG COOL!" thing a while ago. Now it just seems like a dumb gimmick and I wish they'd get over it. This coupled with the factthat SCIV was an awful, awful game and SCV doesn't look much better really hasn't  done a lot for my enthusiasm.

Jump to Post

10.24.2011 11:25pm

JSG
Registered Member

I don't care at all about Ezio.  Or Soul Calibur after the abortion that was SC4.

But this makes me almost excited for SC5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsaGNH0Rr8E

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 12:42am
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

JSG, your link is kinda, sorta broken.

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 1:07am

JSG
Registered Member

Yeah, apparently FFS hates Youtube.

Jump to Post

10.25.2011 1:58am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

For Youtube videos, just paste the link itself and the forum will parse it automatically.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter