Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

What's the latest game you purchased?

< Prev 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 Next >

04.20.2015 8:39pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Mortal Kombat X, which is pretty great.

Also FF Type-0, which I haven't really been able to start in earnest, yet.

Jump to Post

04.23.2015 12:32am

Ramses
Registered Member

Ordered Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn this morning. ETA makes me think it's still in England, so we'll see how my first importing experience works out.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

06.07.2015 4:53am

Ramses
Registered Member

Finally got Mario Party 10!

Jump to Post

06.21.2015 5:21am

Jaran
I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Age of Empires II HD was $3 on steam.

Suffice to say, I was weak.

Jump to Post

06.22.2015 7:27am

Testament
Shamshot

Suikoden III coming to PSN on Tuesday.

Jump to Post

06.22.2015 12:31pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

^ Yay!, hopefully, eventually I'll get to play V.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be picking this one up.

Jump to Post

06.24.2015 11:52am

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

They should have made it into an RPG.

Jump to Post

06.24.2015 5:56pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I grabbed Super Mario Brothers 3D World and Dr. Luigi during Nintendo's E3 sale. Really love the WiiU.

Jump to Post

06.25.2015 7:35pm
 (Edited on 06.26.2015 at 12:13am)

Testament
Shamshot

Are the P4 Arena games worth playing for the story elements? I don't know that I would get enough enjoyment out of just the gameplay alone.

Jump to Post

06.29.2015 8:10pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Got an Xbox One Halo: MCC edition and Forza Horizon 2. I am happy to have it because of the exclusive games, but good lord this is a piece of trash compared to PS4. 

1. Apparently MS took a page from the PS3 game installation and update handbook, which really sucks. Putting the Forza Horizon 2 disc in, it took probably somewhere around 10 minutes before the game "installed" up to the 22% I needed to run it. So finally I could play it and then it tells me it needs a 4.1 GB update that can't be skipped. Soooo let me do that too. I knew MCC was gonna be a 70ish GB download but c'mon - a disc based game taking that long? My PS4 installed whatever Witcher 3 needed in under a minute. Same for pretty much every other game I've played on it. I think Dragon Age Inquisition was the only one that took longer. Plus unless it's an online game, you can always defer the updates for a game for later. Then again, it usually installs those while I sleep and the console is sleeping. Between the huge MCC download and install and the FH2 update and install it took over 24 hours for both games to be 100% installed on my system (this is with the thing doing it while it's off as well). Granted, I only have 10 Mbps download, but I haven't seen anything like this since getting ultimate Burnout Paradise on PS3 and putting the disc in and playing it finally 2 hours later after it downloaded everything. According to the internet I need to take the console offline before installing a game to install it faster as it tries to combine installation and update download. WTF? I bought the disc! It's a console! Let me put it in and play it!

2. Halo:CEA has frozen twice and FH2 once in 24 hours. The FH2 one happened while the game was still "installing" so I hope that's the issue. I've not had any issue with it since. Halo: CEA, I know it's buggy, but the damn game freezes every time you access a terminal that takes out to the "Halo Channel" for some reason just to play a damn cutscene. You have to cancel the cutscene and skip it otherwise the game is unresponsive when you come back to it. 

3. Why....why did they change the 360 controller to this? The 360 controller is perfection (except d-pad). You made the thumbsticks smaller and easier to slip off of. The shoulder buttons - somehow the throw distance increased or they used harder keys or something cause they are hard and clack clack clacky. When typing with the controller to input game codes, I often get double entries only pressing the button once. In Halo with the crouch setting set to toggle, it takes me 2 or 3 tries every time to click the left stick to get Chief to crouch. The thing feels cheap. The only reason it has any heft is because OMG THEY MAKE YOU PUT BATTERIES IN IT. I'm not buying another shitty play and charge kit ever again after having two die within a year on the 360. Sixaxis, Dualshock 3 and now Dualshock 4 all had internal batteries with recharge, god forbid Microsoft. And I'm not paying $150 for the good version of the controller that basically acknowledges these problems by giving replacement thumbsticks and button adjusters. Dualshock 4 wins you piece of crap. It's a very light controller but at least it doesn't feel cheap when you use it. 

4. Windows 8 menu crap. I had to call my friend to tell me where the damn settings menu was (in My Games and Apps, cause that is where I would expect to find Settings) to try to take off the damn clacky clack when using the on screen keyboard after searching for 10 minutes (not found in Bing search over the console...brilliant). And no, you can't turn off the damn noise anyway. If switching between MCC and Halo Channel is any indication, switching between apps is slow and clumsy and sucky. The option to bring up the side bar thing is nice but again it's slow and clunky to get rid of. PS4 just got app suspension and switching and good lord it works 10x better than this. I bought a new PC two weeks ago so had my first taste of Windows 8 there and between that and this it can go fucking die in a fire. Even the windows 8 inspired 360 menu I had before I sold that off in 2013 was better than this. 

Again....I'm happy I have it. I like Halo, I like Gears, I like Rare, etc. But ugh you are making it so hard MS. The only games I will get for it are exclusives or online games my xbox friends want to play. Everything else will be new gaming PC or PS4. 

Jump to Post

06.29.2015 8:20pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Amer said:

4. Windows 8 menu crap. I had to call my friend to tell me where the damn settings menu was (in My Games and Apps, cause that is where I would expect to find Settings) to try to take off the damn clacky clack when using the on screen keyboard after searching for 10 minutes (not found in Bing search over the console...brilliant). 

This sounds like me looking for the downloads list on my PS4.

Jump to Post

06.29.2015 8:54pm

Amer
pew pew pew

reido said:

This sounds like me looking for the downloads list on my PS4.

Haha, I never thought about that. At least when it's finished you get a notification and if you go to notifications hopefully you find it there. 

Jump to Post

07.01.2015 2:11am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Amer said:

Got an Xbox One Halo: MCC edition and Forza Horizon 2. I am happy to have it because of the exclusive games, but good lord this is a piece of trash compared to PS4. 

1. Apparently MS took a page from the PS3 game installation and update handbook, which really sucks. Putting the Forza Horizon 2 disc in, it took probably somewhere around 10 minutes before the game "installed" up to the 22% I needed to run it. So finally I could play it and then it tells me it needs a 4.1 GB update that can't be skipped. Soooo let me do that too. I knew MCC was gonna be a 70ish GB download but c'mon - a disc based game taking that long? My PS4 installed whatever Witcher 3 needed in under a minute. Same for pretty much every other game I've played on it. I think Dragon Age Inquisition was the only one that took longer. Plus unless it's an online game, you can always defer the updates for a game for later. Then again, it usually installs those while I sleep and the console is sleeping. Between the huge MCC download and install and the FH2 update and install it took over 24 hours for both games to be 100% installed on my system (this is with the thing doing it while it's off as well). Granted, I only have 10 Mbps download, but I haven't seen anything like this since getting ultimate Burnout Paradise on PS3 and putting the disc in and playing it finally 2 hours later after it downloaded everything. According to the internet I need to take the console offline before installing a game to install it faster as it tries to combine installation and update download. WTF? I bought the disc! It's a console! Let me put it in and play it!

2. Halo:CEA has frozen twice and FH2 once in 24 hours. The FH2 one happened while the game was still "installing" so I hope that's the issue. I've not had any issue with it since. Halo: CEA, I know it's buggy, but the damn game freezes every time you access a terminal that takes out to the "Halo Channel" for some reason just to play a damn cutscene. You have to cancel the cutscene and skip it otherwise the game is unresponsive when you come back to it. 

3. Why....why did they change the 360 controller to this? The 360 controller is perfection (except d-pad). You made the thumbsticks smaller and easier to slip off of. The shoulder buttons - somehow the throw distance increased or they used harder keys or something cause they are hard and clack clack clacky. When typing with the controller to input game codes, I often get double entries only pressing the button once. In Halo with the crouch setting set to toggle, it takes me 2 or 3 tries every time to click the left stick to get Chief to crouch. The thing feels cheap. The only reason it has any heft is because OMG THEY MAKE YOU PUT BATTERIES IN IT. I'm not buying another shitty play and charge kit ever again after having two die within a year on the 360. Sixaxis, Dualshock 3 and now Dualshock 4 all had internal batteries with recharge, god forbid Microsoft. And I'm not paying $150 for the good version of the controller that basically acknowledges these problems by giving replacement thumbsticks and button adjusters. Dualshock 4 wins you piece of crap. It's a very light controller but at least it doesn't feel cheap when you use it. 

4. Windows 8 menu crap. I had to call my friend to tell me where the damn settings menu was (in My Games and Apps, cause that is where I would expect to find Settings) to try to take off the damn clacky clack when using the on screen keyboard after searching for 10 minutes (not found in Bing search over the console...brilliant). And no, you can't turn off the damn noise anyway. If switching between MCC and Halo Channel is any indication, switching between apps is slow and clumsy and sucky. The option to bring up the side bar thing is nice but again it's slow and clunky to get rid of. PS4 just got app suspension and switching and good lord it works 10x better than this. I bought a new PC two weeks ago so had my first taste of Windows 8 there and between that and this it can go fucking die in a fire. Even the windows 8 inspired 360 menu I had before I sold that off in 2013 was better than this. 

Again....I'm happy I have it. I like Halo, I like Gears, I like Rare, etc. But ugh you are making it so hard MS. The only games I will get for it are exclusives or online games my xbox friends want to play. Everything else will be new gaming PC or PS4. 

Ha. As bad as Microsoft was in 2013, they were starting to win me back over with some of their moves this year at E3. I haven't upgraded to a new console yet and am not a huge Halo or Gears fan so was leaning PS4......but with price drops, backwards compatibility, my existing relationship with them through my 360 account.....and as lame as it sounds the good memories from amazing online gaming sessions this gen on Xbox Live.....I was starting to reconsider. Hearing this though still has me going PS4 first though when I do upgrade.

Jump to Post

07.01.2015 6:58am

Soul Hunter
Ambitious but rubbish
Administrator

Testament said:

Are the P4 Arena games worth playing for the story elements? I don't know that I would get enough enjoyment out of just the gameplay alone.
If you like reading tons of text, it's worth a try.

Jump to Post

07.01.2015 8:12am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

King of Fighters 2002 UM on Steam.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter