Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

What's the latest game you purchased?

< Prev 1 ... 54 55 56 57 Next >

07.01.2015 1:54pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Testament said:

Are the P4 Arena games worth playing for the story elements? I don't know that I would get enough enjoyment out of just the gameplay alone.

Did you enjoy Persona 4, and Persona 3, from a story standpoint?  Would you like a direct sequel to both of those stories that ties them together directly?

P4A and P4AU are basically... extended dialogue cutscenes with fighting matches scattered intermittently between them.  Story mode is definitely more reading than fighting (Labrys story mode, I think, went on for over an hour before the first--and only!--match).  If you're into the series for the story, they're definitely worth a shot, because they have scads of it.

Jump to Post

07.02.2015 2:54pm

Amer
pew pew pew

Inquisitor said:

Ha. As bad as Microsoft was in 2013, they were starting to win me back over with some of their moves this year at E3. I haven't upgraded to a new console yet and am not a huge Halo or Gears fan so was leaning PS4......but with price drops, backwards compatibility, my existing relationship with them through my 360 account.....and as lame as it sounds the good memories from amazing online gaming sessions this gen on Xbox Live.....I was starting to reconsider. Hearing this though still has me going PS4 first though when I do upgrade.

I think it really depends on each person's situation. I will admit I was swayed by the PS4 vs Xbone E3 presentation in 2013 after loving my 360 and tolerating my PS3. 

When I bought my PS4 at christmas 2013 neither console had a strong released lineup, but PS+ was putting out some good things as free games (still does) and I knew Last of Us remastered, and The Order 1886 was coming for PS4 which both looked nice and I was going to need something to play Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition as my (now dead) gaming laptop at the time couldn't handle it. At the time multiplatform games had a slight edge on PS4 (I think they still do?) and as I said, the Sony E3 conference had really won me over. I also had a Vita that I was loving at that time and the off TV play and just being a PS+ member made more sense in getting all those free games for PS3, PS4 and Vita. That said, I knew at the time I would be getting an Xbox One eventually. I'm fortunate enough to have the income to do so, I just didn't think it would be this soon. 

That said, I know it's mostly cause it's shiny newness and new games to me, but I've been playing the One all this week every night with only a couple Witcher 3 sessions on PS4. I've not had any more freezing issues aside from the previously stated Halo ones and I'm still not happy with the controller or menu but I've gotten used to it. I love playing Halo and Forza again after not being able to for a few years as I sold my 360 and all my games because there was no backwards compatibility at the time and I tend to sell anything I don't feel like I really want to keep anyway. Apparently they are going to release an updated menu sometime soon, so that might change things with how the entire OS works and maybe it will get better? 

Besides just the exclusive games, I will admit I got it for another reason and it's a big one. All my friends are 360 and XboxOne owners. I remain the lone PS3 and PS4 owner among them. If this is an issue for you it's something you'll have to consider. I like being back in the Xbox ecosystem and seeing their updates on my friends feed and racing their ghosts in Forza Horizon and things like that. I'm hoping when new multiplayer games come out I'll be able to play with them again, etc. 

I'm kind of left in the first world problem quandry now though of having PS4, XboxOne and a new gaming laptop. I had to replace the dead one for more than just gaming reasons and so now things like Fallout 4, etc. are going to PC for me. It's just going to be on a game by game decision basis lol. 

Jump to Post

07.22.2015 4:58am

Ramses
Registered Member

I finally bought me Super Smash Brothers U, with some money I won playing Texas Hold'em. The jump button on the top is driving me nuts.  I don't know if I ever get the hang of it.

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

07.22.2015 2:40pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Ramses said:

I finally bought me Super Smash Brothers U, with some money I won playing Texas Hold'em. The jump button on the top is driving me nuts.  I don't know if I ever get the hang of it.

I immediately remapped the entire controller.  The downside is I ahve to remember to set it to my personal settings every time I play.

Jump to Post

10.30.2015 11:55pm
 (Edited on 11.11.2015 at 6:58pm)

Ramses
Registered Member

Got Angry Birds Star Wars for XBox ONE for $12 on clearence. Couldn't resist at that price.

Target is having there 3 for 2 sale so I got Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker, and Dragon Quest Heros (just need a PS4 for that one now).

Jump to Post

11.13.2015 8:10pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Pillars of Eternity is half off (so around $22) on GOG the next two days. Time to finally play this thing ...

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 3:50am

Ramses
Registered Member

Since New Years I finally got a PS4 that came with Call of Duty 1026, Samurai Warriors 4-2, Cloud in SSB, FFVII DL, XenoBlade Chronicles, and J Stars Victory+.

New system, bunch of new games, and what am I spending all my free time on. 18 year old, played to death, FFVII of course! 

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 7:32am

The Hulk
Good Boy

Yeah I swore I was done re-buying that game...but I'm so gonna buy that PS4 version, sucker that I am.

In the meantime I bought Rocket League and it's a blast (ho ho).

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 1:19pm

Call
Firefightin' Administrator
Administrator

Pillars of Eternity.  Got it a few weeks ago, and it's great.  Very challenging, especially for someone like me who has never played anything quite like it.

You'll like it, Rhaegar.

Jump to Post

01.08.2016 1:41pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Tales of Zestiria, because I needed to get my deeply embarassing JRPG fix.

(And also because I fuckin' love the Tales series)

Jump to Post

01.17.2016 5:17am

Ramses
Registered Member

Add Samurai Warriors 4, Captain Toad, and NES Remix to my spree. Like them all so far, but FFVII is still getting all the love.

Jump to Post

01.18.2016 4:14am

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

Bought a few games on sale this week on Xbox Live and PSN. Dino Crisis, Dino Crisis 2, Castlevania: SOTN, Crysis, and Syndicate. 

Also picked up an Xbox One not long ago and picked up Alien: Isolation when it was on sale for $10 with the DLC on a Deals with Gold.

Jump to Post

02.16.2016 8:37pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

STREET FIGHTER V STREET FIGHTER V SON STREET FIGHTER V

Well, training mode, mostly, since we've got the standard Day 1 server problems.

Jump to Post

02.16.2016 9:30pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Firewatch!  It was great.  Really, really great.  I could and want to go on for hours and paragraphs and pages about how great it is but I'll restrain myself.

Saints Row IV on PS4!  It's already great, and I want to play it again, and I don't want to have to deal with my computers general jankiness when I could be playing it on a console on my excellent TV.

BOFs 3 (PSP) and 4 (PS1 Classic) on my Vita.  Two games I've enjoyed but never finished.  My Vita continues to be the little JRPG engine that could... keep me entertained during the daily hour in which I wait for my daughter to get out of school.

Jump to Post

03.22.2016 12:11am

Ramses
Registered Member

Since my last post I've added BlazBlue, Lego Jurassic Park (X1), Donkey Kong TF (Wii U), Guilty Gear, Nobunaga's Ambition, and Samurai  Warriors 4 Empires (PS4). Also a Ryu amibo.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 54 55 56 57 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter