Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Wind Waker HD: The dilemma

< Prev 1 2 Next >

08.12.2013 3:53pm
Thread Creator

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I'm conflicted on whether to buy a Wii U console for the release of this game. As excited as I am about it, the whole thing feels like a scam to get long-time Zelda fans like myself to buy a Wii U at full price in the absence of any great original games. What's more, the GameCube version still looks great 10 years later. I may yet succumb, but I may be able to wait until the inevitable price drop after the holiday shopping season. Thoughts?

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 4:11pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

I personally went ahead and bought the WiiU just for that game even though it's obvious that they're doing that before the holidays to get people to buy the console full price xD I don't mind so much though because the WiiU is a pretty neat console, it just doesn't have any good games out on it yet. If you're really worried about paying the extra for an HD release, I am pretty confident that during the holidays, they will reduce the price of the WiiU since it came out a year or so ago a little before the holidays at the time. I noticed video game companies always do this shit and they certainly did it with Persona 4 Golden and the PSVita and probably with the 3DS as well

Other than that, there doesn't really seem to be any good games on the horizon, as I said, so if you're not jumpy like I am about video game purchases, you can always wait to buy it lol

BoA*

Best of Asia * since 2000

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 4:35pm
Thread Creator

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

3DS did the same thing with Ocarina of Time HD, and I fell that too. I enjoyed the shit out of that game though. The same would probably happen for WW, but I will say that WW's graphics have aged beautifully, unlike Ocarina's.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 4:38pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

If it helps, PIkman 3 is a pretty enjoyable game.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 5:19pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Did the Wii TV (or whatever it was called) app ever come out?  That was the one and only thing I saw that kind of made me want one.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 7:21pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

WW looks gorgeous to this day, but the actual game is easily the weakest Zelda. I actually didn't mind the sailing so much, but the dungeons were few and
Spoiler: Move your mouse over the container to reveal.
the Triforce fishing and ESPECIALLY having to pay a buttload of Rupees for one of those Triforce pieces was a major league copout.

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 7:41pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Supposedly the sailing will be much faster in HD because they won't need to hide load times when moving between regions. Haven't read anything about Tingle crap, though.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

08.12.2013 7:42pm

Fuuko Sakurada
Momoia =D

The Wii TV thing is still there, I think it comes with the game unless it was a downloadable update. I like the fact that you can program the WiiU pad to replace your remote control and open your TV and the console with one thing rather than have 4929394 things around lol I looked at the Wii TV thing and you can program it in conjunction with your satellite or cable service provider

Jump to Post

08.13.2013 12:44am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Aside from Pikmin 3, it seems that the Wonderful 101 is also a great upcoming game. 

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

08.13.2013 5:18pm

Colinp42
Registered Member

Fuuko Sakurada said:

The Wii TV thing is still there, I think it comes with the game unless it was a downloadable update. I like the fact that you can program the WiiU pad to replace your remote control and open your TV and the console with one thing rather than have 4929394 things around lol I looked at the Wii TV thing and you can program it in conjunction with your satellite or cable service provider

I just remember when they were first talking about it they said you'd be able to search for a show or movie and it would give you all available options between your cable listings, your DVR, netflix, amazon, etc.  I thought that would be really cool.

Oh and I guess on topic I don't think Wind Waker needs an HD upscale - it looks pretty enough as is and still plays perfectly well on my Day 1 Wii, so I see no reason to upgrade.

Jump to Post

08.13.2013 6:26pm
 (Edited on 08.13.2013 at 6:33pm)

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

The little rascals, how dare they scam you into a getting a console for a game that interests you. I mean they should just release bad stuff, so were not tempted to enjoy any games. Sony and Microsoft should follow suit and stop with this trickery concept of" fun games".  Sorry for being an ass, but I find the concept of complaining that a system has a good game as if its an evil thing Nintendo has done to you....well, very  very fanboyish. If it's so not worth the money, then you wouldn't be tempted. They are delivering a  product people want, I fail to see how that is any worse than releasing an original title.

Personally I like Wind Waker but not enough to play it a fourth time, so no real interest in this, and I wouldn't advise getting a Wii U just for this.

Jump to Post

08.21.2013 4:18am
Thread Creator

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

It looks like Nintendo is going to bundle WW HD with the 32GB WiiU system. That's pretty cool. A gold housing with a Triforce symbol on it would be even better.

This sweetens the deal for buying a WiiU, but confirms the cynicism toward using a remake as a system-seller. Oh we'll, I tip my hat. I just watched another trailer and the game looks miraculous. Honestly it makes me want a similar remake of Skyward Sword: the art style would really be a thing of beauty in higher resolution.

Jump to Post

08.22.2013 7:03pm

kirbenvost
Give Life Back To Music

Hmmm.  A bundle is pretty tempting.

Jump to Post

08.24.2013 1:55am
Thread Creator

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I saw an image on IGN of the bundle. The system and gamepad are black with gold patterning of WW-style Hylian crest and other Zelda iconography. This fanboy is in.

Jump to Post

09.21.2013 5:46pm
Thread Creator

Atma Weapon
I Am Pure Energy

I picked up my bundle yesterday, and I'm planning to dig into it this weekend.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter