Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

World of Warcraft: FFS Edition

09.26.2011 8:23pm

Sturm
Registered Member

<span style="font-size: 11px; color: #959595;"><a href="/forums/profile/18">Dr Squirrel</a> said:</span>
Sylvanas is doing something under the UNDERcity. And she sent Koltira there.

I think the Old God under Tirisfal Grove is still a thing.

The revamped Hallow's End is supposed to deal with Sylvanas and the Forsaken and also the Gilneans.

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 5:58am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

4.3 PTR should be coming live sooner than later.

Melee DPS is getting a HUGE buff with those self/party buff spells and talents like Blessing of Might. Instead of raising attack power by 10%, melee will get it raised by 20%. For ranged it will remain 10%.

Healadin is also getting a number of changes. Holy Radiance is going from an instant cast, cooldown-based spell to a 3 second cast time, but no cooldown. A bunch of the holy talents are also being reworked to buff HR and its new properties.

Still no word on DK, Hunter, or Priest T13 yet.

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 6:50am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

Cataclysm has been AWESOME for the Forsaken. I figured that they would just kind of be there and never do anything again, like Tauren, once WotLK came out. I've been blown away by the amount of attention they've received in Cata.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 7:16am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The Tauren have gotten a lot of nice development, too. Especially in the Southern Barrens when you see Alliance atrocities firsthand. And with the Cenarion Circle and its subfactions being HUGE players in the expansion, tauren and night elves play pretty big roles there (and to a lesser extent, trolls and worgen, though the trolls get an entire patch for them)

The Draenei need some more love, though. Well, besides the Earthen Ring members. Blood elves, too. Both races are in holding patterns since BC ended, with the sole exception of the belf Sunreavers in LK. The only thing of interest that happened to either race in Cataclysm was a temporary alliance between the Blood Elves and Veressa Windrunner's High Elves.

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 2:29pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Oh look, Tyrande is getting a new model--and it's... really, really silly. Heels? Really?

So is Azshara! Which involves a.. uh.. wingy bikini top and a corset which are not attached to each other, and the corset appears to actually be squeezing her into a shape, which is what corsets do, except the damn thing isn't actually fastened at the front!

Bad character design is bad, mmkay? *three snaps*(That said a lot of the other new models are fabulous.)

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 4:26pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Is Tyrande's new model just for the CoT instance or will she be like that in Darnassus, too?

That said, the night elves in general could use some better looking models. And the humans, too. Though it's amusing questing in the Blasted Lands and seeing the OLD high/blood elf models among some of the enemy mobs there. My god they look terrible.

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 4:37pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I would assume it gets put in Darnassus, too.

Jump to Post

09.28.2011 5:24pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

If the next expansion doesn't have revamped character models I think it will be difficult for anyone to take the game seriously anymore.

Jump to Post

09.29.2011 1:00am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

OK I saw it. I would assume that's just for the new instance. Probably a lot more... elaborate back then since the Kaldorei were this major world power and the Highborne were extravagant (something that would influence the rest of the empire, including the priesthood). It looks completely different from any other artwork of her in the current day, so maybe her model will be updated. But I can't imagine them changing her outfit up much.

Jump to Post

10.21.2011 8:53pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

Wow they weren't kidding.

https://youtu.be/nyeZ8khSEC0

Jump to Post

10.21.2011 8:57pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

It's weird how excited I am for 4.3 compared to how unexcited I am for MoP.

Jump to Post

10.22.2011 1:45am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm excited for Monk and the class changes. Couldn't care less about the Pandarens or Pandaria itself.

Also I'm so making a male belf monk with the DBZ hair.

Jump to Post

10.22.2011 1:49am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I kind of think they're doing Pandas to keep themselves from turning into murderous psychopaths from all the work they put into Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

"BLOOD DEATH KILL HELL INFESTATION MURDER APOCALYPSE SCREAM PAIN yaaaay pandaaaaaas"

Jump to Post

10.22.2011 2:51am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Metzen said it was going to be all about WAR, but I'm pretty sure this is goign to be the least Horde v. Alliance expansion EVER.

Jump to Post

10.22.2011 3:43pm

Som
Genitals are Funny

I'm glad i quit WoW, cause all that new pandaran stuff looks embarrassing.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter