Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

World of Warcraft: FFS Edition

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

10.26.2011 4:53am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

His character has actually caused real conflict and made the game interesting again.

It's greatly improved the story.  I really don't understand how people hate him so much.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 5:09am
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Because he's single-minded and completely one dimensional as a character?

Sylvanas is stirring up a lot of shit, too, AND is causing some internal faction strife with the way she's using the Blight and using the val'kyr. But she's actually a really interesting character and her motivations make a lot more sense than Garrosh's "ALLIANCE KILL" so I'm cool with her.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 1:52pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

The problem with Garrosh isn't that he's flat, boring, and cartoonishly aggressive (all of which are true, regardless).  The problem with Garrosh is that it doesn't make any sense for Thrall to choose him to be Warchief, nor does it make any sense that at no point has Thrall stepped in and said "Hey, cut it out" while Garrosh runs all of his dreams for the Horde straight into the ground.

I'd love to see an outright Horde Civil War but I don't see a way to work it into WoW while giving the Alliance something of equal heft.  The Forsaken are rapidly on their way out, the Trolls and Goblins are being treated like second class citizens despite the fact that the former helped build Orgrimmar from day one and the latter funds the Horde military, and I can't imagine the Tauren (edit: or the Blood Elves) are particularly happy with Sylvanas' methods in Lordaeron.

(I think it's hilarious that I didn't even think to include the Blood Elves until after I'd posted.  For a race that's constantly being shoe-horned into every expansion, they've got ridiculously little to do.)

SYLVANAS FOR LICH QUEEN 2012.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 4:23pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Amusingly enough, it was the Tauren (Archdruid Runetotem at that!) that extended a hand of friendship to the Forsaken and got them into the Horde.

Thrall explained his reasoning for making Garrosh Warchief to Vol'jin, who was on the verge of leaving the Horde. Apparently he's a leader the Orcs really need, since Thrall's shamanism isn't very appealing to a lot of the Orcs who were born into the original Legion-backed Horde or the Alliance internment camps. Unfortunately it might come at the cost of pissing off everyone else. Any orcs older than that (Varok Saurfang, who I think would be an AWESOME Warchief) or the ones who kept to shamanistic beliefs (like the Frostwolves) aren't as warm to Garrosh, though.

I'd also love to see more Blood Elf development. Though there have been a few hints at High/Blood Elf reconciliation sprinkled here and there. High elves are allowed by the Sin'dorei to make pilgrimage to the restored Sunwell. Plus there's the joint force of Varessa's and Brightwing's soldiers that formed to take on the Amani in Zul'Aman (along with Vol'jin).

If there's ever a major faction change, I can actually see the High Elves and Blood Elves reconciling, with some tension of course, along with the Darkspear in an amusing irony (though I'm pretty sure the Quel'dorei never had hostilities with the Darkspear specifically, since they weren't Amani).

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 4:27pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

He might be the leader the orcs need but that doesn't change the fact that he's failing utterly, or that he's the leader the Horde needs.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 4:31pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I'm no fan of Wrynn, but at least he seems like he cares about the non-humans in the Alliance and doesn't treat them like second class citizens. His son is also shaping up to be pretty awesome, at least.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 6:28pm

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

Thrall is clearly the better real-world leader.

Garrosh, however, just by being a thick-headed, aggressive jerk, has completely changed the world in which WoW lives, and made it more interesting.

Conflicts with the Alliance are everywhere and substantial. 
Internal conflicts within The Horde have made the inter-racial interactions much more dynamic and interesting.

The game world is made better by him being there, because of how he is.  Were it a real world, yes, Thrall would be better, there would be peace (or less conflict), and everybody would be happy within The Horde.

But that makes for a boring game and story.  I honestly wish more nastiness was going on within The Alliance.  When I made a character and played up to 85 on Alliance, I found everything to be comparably boring, because it felt like there was no tension, and nothing really at stake.

This is also why, despite not liking MoP, I'm really looking forward to and supporting the increased Horde/Alliance conflict.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 6:39pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

I will admit, all my major characters except my goblin hate being aligned with their respective factions for various reasons (mostly because I'm a big care bear).  But that's only fun when said faction gives me a reason to seperate from them.

Jump to Post

10.26.2011 8:51pm
Thread Creator

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

Yeah, my paladin is only aligned to the Horde for the sake of game mechanics (and PVP). I think of her more as a member of the Argent Crusade than the Horde.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter