Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Gaming Discussion

Xbox One: Did you get it?

< Prev 1 2 Next >

11.22.2013 5:46pm
Thread Creator

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

As we have the PS4 thread, we should have the Xbone thread.

I just got mine despite not pre-ordering it.  The Best Buy I went to had them in surplus because they ordered extra due to last weeks PS4 launch.

Which means, one last time, we need to have an FFSO night on the 360.  Halo, GTA, Payday 2, Left 4 Dead, name the game and let's get it going!

Jump to Post

11.22.2013 6:47pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Sorry FFSO, I would love to participate again, but life issues have me outside the house until at least midway through next year. I can't afford to jump on next gen bandwagon yet. Although I would be interested to see who is getting one and why.

Jump to Post

11.22.2013 8:56pm

Tristan
Just Giv'r

I'll probably wait until a Christmas deal or spring at the earliest. There's actually a few games I'd like to play now (Ryse, Dead Rising, Battlefield and maybe Forza) but I have such a backlog of 360 games and other things to keep me busy that I'll sit tight for now.

First impressions? I read the review on Kotaku which I thought was well done and honest and I was most curious about the analog sticks of all things. They're longer which I'm a tad apprehensive about, just hoping they didn't muck up the near-perfect 360 controller.

And yes, some FFSO gaming will have to happen one day soon.

Jump to Post

11.22.2013 10:35pm

Cult of Personality
Insert witty remark here.

I probably won't get it for a good, long time.  Definitely need it to drop in price a couple of times before I can consider getting it.

As for a FFSO gaming night?  I'm game, though I could only do either Halo 4 or GTA 4 or 5

Jump to Post

11.23.2013 5:07am

Ramses
Registered Member

Got one, by waiting in the freezing cold last night.  Got Dead Rising 3, Madden, and NBA 2k14, but have only been able to give each a quick try.  Lego Marvel Super Heros was what I really wanted besides DR3, but can't find it for XBox One.  Downloading Killer Instinct right now. As far as the system I hope for a dashboard change shortly.  Achievements are stacked sideways which is just cumbersome.  The left stick seems to be moved just slightly too so I've been using the d pad to navagate/type which just seems wrong.  I don't know if it's because I had another TV playing while gaming, but the Kinect kept calling Time Outs for no reason in Madden... 

2011 FFO Fantasy Football Champion

Jump to Post

11.23.2013 9:47am

Som
Genitals are Funny

PC master race forever!!! No console garbage for me!

Though watched a stream today of the new Zelda for 3DS, kinda want a 2DS now <.<

Jump to Post

11.23.2013 11:16am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

Ramses said:

Got one, by waiting in the freezing cold last night.  Got Dead Rising 3, Madden, and NBA 2k14, but have only been able to give each a quick try.  Lego Marvel Super Heros was what I really wanted besides DR3, but can't find it for XBox One.  Downloading Killer Instinct right now. As far as the system I hope for a dashboard change shortly.  Achievements are stacked sideways which is just cumbersome.  The left stick seems to be moved just slightly too so I've been using the d pad to navagate/type which just seems wrong.  I don't know if it's because I had another TV playing while gaming, but the Kinect kept calling Time Outs for no reason in Madden... 

Lego Marvel for the XBone has been delayed. I can't remember the new launch date on it off-hand. Should be soon though.

Jump to Post

11.23.2013 12:26pm

Shadow
Comes and goes like the wind...

I got an Xbox One, so far I'm finding the dashboard to be very confusing and awkward with all the snapping and picture in picture, there's definitely been a few confusing and frustrating moments. On top of that the menus all load pretty slow in comparison to Xbox360, and none of the information is displayed quite as cleanly, for example the friends list at a glance is extremely difficult to tell who is online because all you're reading is a small tiny green circle instead of a gray circle as the indicator.

I got Ryse, which has been okay...I'm pretty impressed with the graphics and will probably beat the game just for the sake of some mindless action.

Started Forza 5 as well, I'm not quite as big of a fan of the clinical racing sims though...but you can tell it's a very high quality made game.

And finally...Battlefield 4; been having fun with the multiplayer a little bit, my single player data somehow got reset...not sure if it's a game bug or a system bug but it was pretty frustrating to have to start the campaign all over again.

Let's just say this has me looking more forward to my PS4 this Friday -- Injustice Gods Among Us, Need for Speed Rivals, and DC Universe Online.

Jump to Post

11.23.2013 12:50pm
 (Edited on 11.23.2013 at 3:23pm)

Zubis
Registered Member

The menus are slow on the Xbox One? That's actually shocking to me, it was supposed to be the snappiest feature.

You hear about the Blu-Ray drive failing? Seems to affect a small amount of people.

Jump to Post

11.23.2013 10:19pm

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Didn't get it, and more than likely never will.

Jump to Post

11.24.2013 4:19am

Ramses
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

Lego Marvel for the XBone has been delayed. I can't remember the new launch date on it off-hand. Should be soon though.
                               I can download it off XBL,but I'm going to fight MS and Sony tooth and nail as far as 100% digital crap they want so bad.

Jump to Post

11.24.2013 5:40am
Thread Creator (Edited on 11.25.2013 at 2:44am)

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Well, I just plugged everything in and so far I haven't suffere that Blu-Ray drive failure, so it's all good.

EDIT: Killer Instinct is surprisingly good despite only having one playable character.  I've wasted a lot of time on it.

Just started Dead Rising 3.  And graphically it's quite impressive.

Jump to Post

11.25.2013 5:58am

JSG
Registered Member

The little bit of Killer Instinct I played makes me want one, but I don't think I'll have an XBone for a few years at least, if at all.

Jump to Post

11.25.2013 10:38am

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

I got a code from MS for the full version of Killer Instinct. Debating what to do with it. The code is only valid until next June and I won't have either new console by then.

Jump to Post

11.25.2013 12:28pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

^Wait until after Black Friday, then sell it on ebay if you're not going to use it, is what I suggest. Or gift it, so you can play it on a friend's console. heh

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter