Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Annnnnnd Xenoblade Chronicles is on the endangered list.....

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

02.19.2013 5:02am
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

So finally had the money to toss at some Wii games, was hoping to pick up The Last Story and Xenoblade. Turns out Xenoblade has went the way of Xenogears going on ebay for over 100 bucks. Son of a bitch the game hasn't been localized for that long has it?

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 6:23am

Ashilyn
Career GM

How long it's been localised is irrelevent - it's the size of the print runs that matters. If I'm not mistaken, Xenoblade only got one print run, and it was a moderate sized one at best. It's been drying up for a while now. Thankfully, The Last Story had a bigger print run, but it's likely to start becoming rare soon too.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 7:45am

Testament
Shamshot

I have a sealed copy I would be willing to part with.  Unfortunately, it's PAL region...

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 8:11am

Jiro
Registered Member

I've got neither The Last Story nor Xenoblade Chronicles and suddenly I am really fucking worried :( Time to start hunting for it at my local stores and buy it no matter the cost, I guess.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 9:59am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Damn. I keep hearing about XC and how it's better than sliced bread. I hate those money grubbing scalpers with a passion. Makes me want to strangle them.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 4:35pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The thing with Xenoblade is that it was ONLY sold at Gamestop stores and online at Nintendo's site. The best way to avoid ebay is to investigate your local Gamestops (or use the .com to do that for you) and see if any of them have any copies left.

Last Story was published by a different company in the US, XSEED, and also sold at other stores besides Gamestop so it's a little easier to come by at least. I was able to get it recently on Amazon for $30. Pandora's Tower will likely be the same way.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 5:23pm

Catastrophe
I'm Catbug!

Is Pandora's Tower even getting a NA release?

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 5:31pm

Crono
Crono can cross dimensions too!

Yes it is.

Currently Playing: Dark Cloud 2: 3 hours.
Also Playing: CT, FF VI, Solatorobo, Secret of Mana, Halo 4.
Just Finished: Fable II: 7 hours.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 6:18pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

Catastrophe said:

Is Pandora's Tower even getting a NA release?

March 26th.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 7:51pm
Thread Creator

Scribe
The Taru

Testament said:

I have a sealed copy I would be willing to part with.  Unfortunately, it's PAL region...

I'm guessing that means it won't play on my NA Wii?

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 8:38pm

Testament
Shamshot

Not out of the box.

Quick softmod and you're good, though.  =)

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 9:15pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

The NA version of Xenoblade is identical to the UK version anyway. Just softmod your Wii to play PAL region games and it'll basically be the same experience.

And yeah, Pandora's Tower is getting an NA release. XSEED is bringing over the UK version just like they did with Last Story and NOA did with Xenoblade.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 11:11pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

Nintendo needs to do a better job of anticipating demand for "niche" titles. We had to kick down a lot of doors to get a physical copy of Fire Emblem Awakening, and unlike Awakening, there's no (official) method of getting a digital copy of Xenoblade. Xenoblade probably could have sold twice as many copies as it did if Nintendo bothered to promote the game and print enough copies. Meanwhile, Fire Emblem's the best reviewed game of the year thus far and is nigh impossible to find unless you want to deal with a 1gb download.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 11:31pm

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

Went to Gamestop today to inquire about XC. Got told that it was an GS exclusive and only saw a 5 month print run. They looked it up for me and there are no new copies anywhere at a GS in the U.S. So now it's at the mercy of the second hand market. All I have to say is, way to screw the pooch guys. Another reason that they suck.

Good news on FE is that Best Buy got new stock for that game this week. They had plenty of copies at the store when I went. GS is telling me that they only get a few copies in at a time, and it could be months before another print run.

Jump to Post

02.19.2013 11:38pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I hope Nintendo does at least a digital rerelease of Xenoblade for the WiiU. It's criminal that that game is so hard to find. It really does deserve to be played.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter