Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Diablo 3

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 Next >

What class?

Show Poll Results

01.19.2013 12:18am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

I have to echo the, "looked good, felt meh," sentiments.  I had high hopes for Diablo 3, but was largely disappointed.

It had potential, but my wife and I agreed that too much time had passed to basically feel the same as Diablo 2.
I really want the game to feel more like Diablo 1, but that's me.

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 2:36am

Seelas
I want to go back.

I had a fun time with Diablo III from level 1-60. I'm not tired of the Diablo formula and I think there's still room for games like that; honestly, an upgraded Diablo II would have been fine with me. The endgame was a catastrophe, though. They got it into their minds that they needed to do gear-gated progression in Inferno for the sake of player retention. As it turns out, asking people to kill the Butcher over and over again for one marginal upgrade to make Act 2 less instagib is not a good way to retain players.

D2 never stopped you from doing something you wanted to do because your gear wasn't good enough. I could jump into a Baal run, farm Mephisto, or go kill some cows with whatever shit gear I wanted. I could get way more powerful with the right gear or spec, but the point was that the game was letting me set my own goals and play at my own pace. And yeah, that means sometimes players will stop playing. That's kind of how games should work; you play them because they're fun and you stop playing them when you're bored. This bullshit player retention ethos that game devs are so infatuated with needs to die.

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 9:58am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

As long as they still don't address that "online only" shit, I don't even want to go into the other stupid crap that game did.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

01.19.2013 10:51am

Kal
yes

ManjiSanji said:

I have to echo the, "looked good, felt meh," sentiments.  I had high hopes for Diablo 3, but was largely disappointed.

It had potential, but my wife and I agreed that too much time had passed to basically feel the same as Diablo 2.
I really want the game to feel more like Diablo 1, but that's me.
I missed the "realistic" dark fantasy tone of the first game. Not just the look of the game, but the atmosphere was just so heavy and bleak. I didn't find that in D2 and even less so in D3. Some parts of D3 felt like they belonged in Titan Quest.

Jump to Post

03.01.2013 10:34pm

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

I wonder if they're going to bundle the expansion with the PS4 edition.  Probably not, because of Sony.

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

03.02.2013 12:45am

Arckanghel
Pirate.

Kal said:

I missed the "realistic" dark fantasy tone of the first game. Not just the look of the game, but the atmosphere was just so heavy and bleak. I didn't find that in D2 and even less so in D3. Some parts of D3 felt like they belonged in Titan Quest.

That's exactly how I felt about it. The majority fo the game feels so happy, even though it clearly shouldn't.

Jump to Post

03.02.2013 4:30am

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

I'm considering the PS4 port. The gameplay is what will make me decide or not. It has to be optimized for a controller. I hate trying to control things with keyboard and mouse.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter