Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Finally Announced

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.17.2012 7:48pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

https://www.dragonage.com/inquisition

So, Bioware finally officially confirmed the game exists, gave it a title, and talked about it in the most minimal amount they could. - which was next to nothing. The title and logo match a leaked questionnaire from last month, though, which claimed that the plot was about  â??The empire of Orlais is riven by civil war; the Chantry is divided; the Templar order has broken away; the Mage circles have rebelled. Some unseen force is manipulating events, bringing about disorder and destruction. Out of this confusion emerges The Inquisition". It went on to claim that you'd be playing the leader of the Inquisition, with ten companions to support you along the way. We'll see how much of that turns out true, but considering it had the title and logo I'd put money on it being legit.

Now, I didn't think Dragon Age 2 was a bad game. In fact, in most ways (the game definitely did have some faults, like being more obvious about enemies appearing from nowhere, and the reused maps) I thought it was better than DAO - certainly in the story and companion departments. So all the talk of "We's listened to your feedback guys! We promise!" honestly has me worried that DA3 is going to be another boring ass slog like most of DAO was :\

But probably the biggest thing, at least in my opnion, to come out of the announcement was the confirmation that Frostbite 2 is being used as the engine basis for Dragon Age 3. Which means that it is going to be one beautiful ass game, if they follow in Battlefield's footsteps.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 9:50pm

amaron
No answer, must be that deaf bitch.

I did not expect that.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 10:30pm

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

No Steam no sale.

===

"Plans? What plans? I'm making this up as I go!"

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 10:37pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

Indiana Jerico said:

No Steam no sale.

People are still doing that? I mean, I had no real issues with ME3 on Origin. I'm more than willing to get DA3 on Origin if I have to. I'd RATHER have it on Steam, but it's not going to keep me from getting it.

Jump to Post

09.17.2012 11:54pm

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Dragon Age 2  was not a bad game, just an average game.

Buggle Up! Danger! Danger! (Genocide!) Death the Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 12:05am

Zubis
Registered Member

I bet it'll be part of E3 next gear for the next gen demo roll.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 12:38am
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

I don't see Dragon Age 3 beong a next gen game. It might be Bioware's last of the current gen, though.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 1:52am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

Ashilyn said:

I don't see Dragon Age 3 beong a next gen game. It might be Bioware's last of the current gen, though.

I forsee releases for PC, PS3, 360, WiiU, and 720 as a launch game.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 3:20am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Ashilyn said:

People are still doing that? I mean, I had no real issues with ME3 on Origin. I'm more than willing to get DA3 on Origin if I have to. I'd RATHER have it on Steam, but it's not going to keep me from getting it.

I just want all my games in one nice convenient placeholder. The only reason I got Origin was Battlefield 3. I don't have anything else there.

===

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 4:31am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

You can put non-Steam games in your Steam library. Maybe Origin games won't let you, but I can't really see that being the case.  Hell, I can launch World of Warcraft through Steam.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 4:36am

Clowd Cole
Dangerous Zombie

I Launch Dragon Age 2 though steam. 

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 4:36am
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

They will. I ran Mass Effect 3 and SWTOR through steam all the time.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 5:57am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Clowd Cole said:

Dragon Age 2  was not a bad game, just an average game.

It was a better game than people gave it credit for. But I do agree the game took some huge shortcuts in the design. I did enjoy the gameplay, character interactions, and gutsy move in telling a fragmented narrative. Was it better than Origins nope, but is it a bad game as most fans claim? Nah

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 6:16am

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I also thought Dragon Age 2 was fairly underrated. There were definite flaws, like the copypasta sidequest dungeon design, but I liked the game for the most part.

Looking forward to DA3. I just hope "listening to our fans' input" doesn't mean "reverting any positives DA2 had over Origins." I'd like to see the gameplay try new things and not just be a rehash of DAO or DA2. Take what worked best from both.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 7:44am

Indiana Jerico
Sinfully Delicious v2
Administrator

Onyx said:

You can put non-Steam games in your Steam library. Maybe Origin games won't let you, but I can't really see that being the case.  Hell, I can launch World of Warcraft through Steam.

Yeah but it's still separately installed in my computer. I've started to like how my games are all in one Steam folder. I think it's my OC-ness kicking in.

===

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter