Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Finally Announced

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.18.2012 8:40am

Zubis
Registered Member

You can do that too with the latest version of Steam, changing the install folder is an option.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 8:56am

Fincher
Deep Water Horizon

I haven't played 2, but between my backlog and being less impressed with Mass Effect 3, how closely this hews to Dragon Age: Origins will play a major part in how much I want it.  I don't have any problem with changing the combat, but I liked  DAO's dialogue system and choice/consequences the way that they were.  For what it's worth, I wanted a game set in Orlais after playing Origins, and the Inquisition idea is interesting.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Picross DS
Last played: Time Hollow (good)
Last watched: Agent Carter (very good)
Me on Favslist

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 5:14pm

JSG
Registered Member

Any word on if this is gonna be this gen or next gen?

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 5:24pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

I can see it being both, with the next-gen versions having graphics on par with the PC version at near-max settings.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 5:25pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

Most likely this gen. Frostbite 2 is a very weighty engine, but nothing worth delaying for Next Gen for, and the game's been in production, apparently, for a good two years. Not to mention Im sure they intend to continue the save file import trend, and there's a good chance that won't be possible across console generations.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 5:33pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ashilyn said:
 Not to mention Im sure they intend to continue the save file import trend, and there's a good chance that won't be possible across console generations.

Well um EA could request all gamers to store their files via the EA account or Cloud and have EA let us pay to import our save data from one console to another? Just a thought?

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 6:27pm

Onyx
Butts
Administrator

That sounds too cartoonish supervillainy.

Yes, even for EA. Hell, I don't think even KotickCo would do something like that.

Jump to Post

09.18.2012 7:51pm
Thread Creator

Ashilyn
Career GM

Storeing files wouldn't be the issue. I'm sure the 720 and PS4 will be capable of storing past generation saves. It's a matter of new tech and what not preventing importing. I can't really think of much in the PS2 era that imported from the PS1 era (though I know a few games did), or PS3 that did from PS2. I see it defintiely beig a factor in keeping it this gen, and using next gen for a relaunch of ME/Dragon Age with a set canon so that save importing isn't an issue.

Jump to Post

09.19.2012 2:44am

ManjiSanji
Insanity Mongoose

Not looking forward to spending a whole game in Orlais.

Tevinter or Seheron?  Yes please.

Jump to Post

09.19.2012 9:14am

Dr Squirrel
medicine woman

God, I just could not give two shits about Orlais.  This setup is PERFECT for Tevinter. 

trust me, i'm a doctor

Jump to Post

09.19.2012 10:16am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Onyx said:

That sounds too cartoonish supervillainy.

Yes, even for EA. Hell, I don't think even KotickCo would do something like that.

Oh it's possible this is on par with making the actual ending of a game a paid DLC, which is what Capcom this. I  think this idea might actually be less "evil".

Jump to Post

09.19.2012 2:30pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

amaron said:

I did not expect that.

Likewise. Pleasantly surprised though.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter