Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Either Star Ocean 5 or SO4 WiiU edition?

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

12.21.2012 7:55pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

Wait, people hated Meracle?

That's a surprise to me.

Jump to Post

12.23.2012 5:06am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Ashilyn said:

Well, of course it wasn't going to show consequences of choices. It was only the first game in a purported trilogy. But the consequences of your actions were also never the point.

Seeing as how Ray Muzyka hype that aspect of the game in Mass Effect (not the sequels) I don't buy that reason when talking about Mass Effect he would say "consequence" almost everytime.

Jump to Post

12.23.2012 5:49am
 (Edited on 12.23.2012 at 5:55am)

Ashilyn
Career GM

Learn to seperate marketing hype from realistic expectations. Problem solved.

Also remember that a lot changed about Mass Effect over development. Characters changed, big decisions changed, planets and plotlines were cut, multiplayer was cut, and more. Again, realistic expectations.

Jump to Post

12.26.2012 5:21am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I disagree ... especially if it's coming from someone like Muzyka. I mean it's no so much hype rather explaning wha the game is. And most previews and reviews echoed that aspect from ME1. And if we are not supposed to listen to them then where are we going to base our purchasing decision from?

Jump to Post

12.26.2012 5:28am

Ashilyn
Career GM

Previews, reviews, and prerelease hype only exist to shill games this generation, very few of them are actually genuine criticisms and weighting of games. If you're using them to make your purcheseing decisions, I'd consider talking to people who actually play the game instead.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 3 4 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter