Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Everybody laugh at Fallout 76

12.08.2018 3:11pm
Thread Creator

Rhaegar
World Warrior 21007

Metacritic: 52 from the critics, 2.7 from the readers.

The bugs.

My God, the bugs.

HOLY SHIT THE BUGS.

Sales have tanked.

Bethesda could face a class-action lawsuit over its shitty refund policy.

Oh, and Bethesda's support desk leaked private info of players to other players. GFJ.

In short, has any game publisher/developer fallen from grace so far and so quick as Bethesda has with this whole Fallout 76 debacle? I know, Bethesda has always been known for buggy releases, but (a) this is all-time bad even for them, and (b) they had gotten a free pass for it in the past. Sure, us diehard Fallout fans have hated them ever since Fallout 3, and then saw Fallout 4 sink the series even lower than that. But now they've fucked up in ways that nobody, not even the gaming press, can ignore anymore.

Basically, Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI better release in pristine condition and better innovate, or Bethesda is really and truly fucked. Ditching the ancient Creation Engine/Gamebryo for Starfield and ES6 and rebuilding them from the ground up with a new engine would be a nice start. Also, as it is, countless other developers have already long surpassed Bethesda in the open-world game department and set the bar much, much higher.

Maybe now Bethesda realizes they don't get a free pass anymore and will actually perform due diligence on their next two big projects. They'd better.

Jump to Post

12.08.2018 11:33pm

Mavilu
Yep, still gaming

Iâ??ve been following these news by watching some YouTube channels, I cannot believe this mess, some people say it has to be an insider job, and at this point, this sound more plausible than the astounding levels of ineptitude theyâ??ve been displaying. I seriously doubt thereâ??ll be another purchase from me, they better shape up to the point of near disbelief if they want their next games to sell.

Jump to Post

12.09.2018 3:45pm

Inquisitor
Jericholic V2.0

I haven't followed this that closely outside of "Fallout 76 is a steaming pile of trash" comments that are all over the internet. This game never interested me as it seemed like another attempt by a developer who has made their living on solid single player experiences to dip their toe into the "always online multiplayer" games that are now making up such a large portion of the gaming landscape (think Destiny, The Dvision, Overwatch, etc).

Personally, this makes me glad to see as one of my favorite (former favorite) developers, Bioware, is about to the do the same thing with Anthem. I hope more and more of these attempts to create trash products like this fail and forces developers to innovate more in the single player space rather than turn to the always online multiplayer model.

I'm also glad to see Bethesda get some heat for this. I've heard too many people excuse away their glitchy and buggy releases with comments like "well look how big their games and what they are doing. You can't expect them to fix everything before launch". And then these seem people (Giantbomb in paritcular stands out) throw Mass Effect Andromeda under the bus and evicerate it over the problems it had at launch, which in my opinion weren't any better or worse than what we typically get from Bethesda.

Yeah, I am a bit biased towards Mass Effect because it's my favorite franchise, but let's be consistent. Either way, I wouldn't touch Fallout 76 if you paid me to play it.

Jump to Post

12.10.2018 9:28pm

vinnyvalentino
Hyperion Master

I was turned off from the get go with the whole online multiplayer thing.  Not what I play Fallout for.  I'm perfectly alright with it being trash.  Maybe they'll get their act together when they eventually make Fallout 5.   

And that, as they say, is that.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter