Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Just beat Lost Odyssey. Storyline/ending question *SPOILERS*

02.24.2013 10:10pm
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Hey guys, major spoilers of the game. If you haven't beaten it you'd best just leave the thread.

So I just beat the game and it was super amazing...but the ending didn't resolve any of the main questions of the game's plot!

I understand that the emotions of this world were affecting Kaim's original world. Was there any reason given for this? Why were the two connected? And they never fixed this problem.  Wasn't it the reason they came to the human world in the first place, to investigate it?

Also, Gongora alluded to something about the immortals original mission, one that the others did not recover from their memories. What was this original mission? Simply to investigate this world and why the emotions were affecting their original one?   They never remembered it through the course of the game! Was it to destroy this world so the emotions no longer interefere with Kaim's original world? 

Jump to Post

02.24.2013 11:22pm

CaButler
Winter Knight of the Unseelie Court

I think they were probably going to answer that in the sequel that never came.

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 1:00am

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

I would have preferred a prequel to be honest ... imagine the potential of a great emotional story based on those 1000 Year of Dreams.

I also would think a Sequel will come someday, I can imagine it being a multi platform game this time. Lost Odyssey did pretty well in sales, and they can probably reduce the cost (hoping developing games with recent gen graphics will go down).

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 3:22pm

Big Tall
Taller Than Tall

shooter_mcgavin said:

I would have preferred a prequel to be honest ... imagine the potential of a great emotional story based on those 1000 Year of Dreams.

I also would think a Sequel will come someday, I can imagine it being a multi platform game this time. Lost Odyssey did pretty well in sales, and they can probably reduce the cost (hoping developing games with recent gen graphics will go down).

As much as I could see a prequel being made based on the Thousand Years of Dreams, I'd rather they didn't. I think it would take away from the emotional impact a lot of them had.

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 3:30pm

Darth Howie
Darthpool
Administrator

I'm fine with Lost Odyssey having the ending it had. Seth and Gongora could go report what they need to report to whoever in the Immortals' world. I'm more interested what it would mean in that other world that the other three WON'T be returning. I'd also like to see it. But I'm fine with the game truly being about the world we're in and the lives the immortals live in it. In the other world, they're NOT immortals.  The backstory is interesting, but it doesn't work as much with the game's core thematic or tonal content. The game's main story is about life, death and how people can find meaning and joy in life even knowing that they can lose everyone they care about. The meta-plot doesn't really have anything to do with that.

Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.

- Squall 15:11

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 4:44pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

Big Tall said:

As much as I could see a prequel being made based on the Thousand Years of Dreams, I'd rather they didn't. I think it would take away from the emotional impact a lot of them had.

Well not the ones we read but a story that has a similar emotional feel to it.

Jump to Post

02.25.2013 7:02pm
Thread Creator

Spidey
So Sigh Ety

Darth Howie said:

I'm fine with Lost Odyssey having the ending it had. Seth and Gongora could go report what they need to report to whoever in the Immortals' world. I'm more interested what it would mean in that other world that the other three WON'T be returning. I'd also like to see it. But I'm fine with the game truly being about the world we're in and the lives the immortals live in it. In the other world, they're NOT immortals.  The backstory is interesting, but it doesn't work as much with the game's core thematic or tonal content. The game's main story is about life, death and how people can find meaning and joy in life even knowing that they can lose everyone they care about. The meta-plot doesn't really have anything to do with that.

I actually agree totally, and why I love the game. Just my curiosity was killing me to find out these answers. I guess they don't exist, which is fine with me, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss them.

Jump to Post

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter