Final Fantasy Online

Home Articles Games Forums Shop
You are not logged in. Log In or Sign Up.
Browse Online Now Directory New Posts Achievements Help/FAQ
Search

Final Fantasy Online Forums  >  Video Gaming Discussion  >  Role Playing Games

Kingdom Hearts 2.8?!

< Prev 1 2 Next >

09.15.2015 9:55pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Really?  REALLY?!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/tgs-2015-kingdom-hearts-28-final-chapter-prologue-announced

OK first, why 2.8?  I had heard it leaked like the day before as 2.9, which would make as much sense as this possibly could.  Does that mean theremight be a 2.9 coming as well?

I mean I love the KH series.  I have 1 and 2 still for PS2 and 1.5 and 2.5 (still need to go through BBS and whatever the card battle game is).  But sorry this is just too much for me.

Anyone actually interested?

Jump to Post

09.16.2015 12:49am

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Fucking Square Enix names are still goddamn hilarious.  2.8 Jesus Christs.

Jump to Post

09.16.2015 1:55pm
Thread Creator

Colinp42
Registered Member

Actually I heard on a podcast this morning that it's actually "II.8"

Yep.

Jump to Post

09.16.2015 2:26pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

II.8 god damn its.

Jump to Post

09.16.2015 4:30pm

Testament
Shamshot

I haven't played DDD yet, but I'll probably pick this up once the price drops. I won't comment on the title.

Jump to Post

09.17.2015 8:28pm

Sam Biscuits
Custard Creams

For Fuck's sake, a re-re-release?  Who is this even for?  This is typical after I've just bought and started the PS3 Re-release Kingdom Hearts II 2.5 HD Final Mix Reloaded Platinum Definitive Collecters Edition or whatever SE have called it.  HD remakes are ok for nostalgia but Square-Enix need to get their shit together and actually release new games for a change.

Jump to Post

09.17.2015 10:10pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Sam Biscuits said:

PS3 Re-release Kingdom Hearts II 2.5 HD Final Mix Reloaded Platinum Definitive Collecters Edition

I legitimately spit-laughed at this, thanks.

Jump to Post

09.18.2015 4:30am

SuperSquall
Shortening His Posts

This series has a bad relationship with numbers.

Jump to Post

09.19.2015 3:54pm

Crux
A mental Dentist's office

At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if KH3 sold very poorly due to this tactic they are using.

Jump to Post

09.21.2015 12:57pm

shooter_mcgavin
Registered Member

SuperSquall said:

This series has a bad relationship with numbers.

This is why Testsua Nomura should never be near a role that involves either the direction of Final Fantasy or being the head of Square-Enix.

Jump to Post

09.23.2015 10:21pm

Zubis
Registered Member

Wouldn't be surprised if the 2.9 edition was a PS4 exclusive that came with every game on Blu-ray.

Jump to Post

09.27.2015 5:18am
 (Edited on 09.27.2015 at 5:23am)

Coolsetzer
Formerly Furysetzer

From Kotaku:

[Speaking with Famitsu, the Kingdom Hearts designer explained that there are various meanings contained in the naming. ??This Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance compilation follows the previously HD work 2.5...and is worthy as taking its place as 2.6,? said Nomura.

Continuing, he added that the thinking is that the absence of Sora in Kingdom Hearts ?and Kingdom Hearts Unchained ? as well as the ? series in Kingdom Hearts ? Back Cover is the number zero.

??Because Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is 0.1, this is how the 0.2 came to be put in the latest Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep,? Nomura added.

??Thus,? Nomura said, ??the 2.8 number appears from 2.6 plus 0 plus 0.2.?]

I have reread this several times. I still don't understand. =(

Jump to Post

09.27.2015 6:46am

Testament
Shamshot

Yeah, WTF?

Jump to Post

09.27.2015 7:01pm

reido
(\/)(o,,,o)(\/)

Coolsetzer said:

??Thus,? Nomura said, ??the 2.8 number appears from 2.6 plus 0 plus 0.2.?

Christ on 2.8 crackers.

Jump to Post

09.29.2015 2:09am

Lexx
I know how they work

Didn't they have to kick Nomura off FFXV, back when it was still FFVersusXIII, because of how much of a cluster he made of the development?  Between that and the insanity of the KH franchise, maybe S-E should just limit him to art and story.

Jump to Post

< Prev 1 2 Next >

Jump to

Go

© Copyright 2024 Final Fantasy Online, All Rights Reserved
Home  |  Articles  |  Games  |  Forums  |  Shop  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy
Become a Facebook FanFollow us on Twitter